• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 fx nytro help!

Dan F

Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Yamaha fox nytro
I’ve got an 09 nytro that I can hit the key and it will start right up for a few seconds then quit. If I hold the key in the crank position it will stay running until I let the key return to the run position! I’ve been all through this thing and just seeing if maybe anyone can help me out. Thanks

Did you try new spark plugs?

Is this a new machine to you or has it ran fine in the past? What changed?

Is this a new machine to you or has it ran fine in the past? What changed?
Im working on it for a friend of mine who really hasn’t rode it much in the last two years. Said basically he parked it one day at the end of last season and went to get it out this season and couldn’t get it to run. I’ve put a new oil pressure switch and a crank position sensor in it as well as changed out the computer,ignition, and oil level sensors With ones from a running machine. Fuel pressure is 46lbs.....I’m still missing something though apparently

New key switch? Apparently there's power for ignition when in the start position but not in the on position.

It's possible that it's a connection issue (corroded or loose) in the wiring to the ignition switch or ground.

you did check all the ground blocks?

from what i have read there is a few spots that the harness rubs on the steering hoop that causes issues that mrsled has seen.

The ground blocks all seem to have a ground signal with my power probe. The two spots that rub the harness I checked because the wire loom was rubbed but none of the wires inside were rubbed

So after many hours and wire chasing and sensor testing I found that someone had the starter solenoid cables crossed up! Thanks for the ideas though folks!

Back