• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 prices canada

If I could save just half that $7G, I'd be over in the States very shortly to pick up an XTX.

Personally, all of the Canadian prices for every model should be at least $1500-$2000 less than the 08 prices and don't make it in the form of a rebate, I'm talking the list price. Imagine the good press they'd get! Then I would buy from here in Canada. Yammy Canada should wise up.

on yam canada site it says:

"Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice."

so the monkeys are on my dealer's back.....

Look at the APEX LTX, US=$10.999 CAN=$14.299

$14.299 was the list price of my '08, ok theirs no price increase but our DOLLAR is still at parity!!!

Ok I have to admit we got a CHECK in the mail for the SNOWCHECKERS...still theirs a big margin left.

That $3.300 difference, WHY???? haven't they learned anything from last spring SNOWCHECKS

Look at the ACCESSORIES they average 30% +/- more than US pricing why...

I hate to vent on this site but I think its the only way to get accross to them...I'm sure that their reading every word we type on here!

my .02

The problem is.... People still buy them.
They think that paying $15,000 for a sled is o.k

Even if they know it is $4000 cheaper 2-3 hours drive away, they still go to the dealer and get bent over.

These are the people we should yell at.
We should also notify the media and complain.
Everytime Yamaha has a public event, someone should picket...

Same goes for their Sport Bikes...$2000 - $4000 more...

You guys think its "frustrating" that you have to travel to the USA to buy a sled for less money......Well, try being a DEALER who is trying to make a living by selling them when you see new ones coming across the border on a DAILY basis b/c u can't even come close to touching the price. Hard to sell $3000-6000 worth of your smiles and service....ugh.

So as a canadian dealer what does yamaha canada have to comment on their treatment of dealers??? i know that Yamaha ca & us pay about the same for a sled before they sell it to the dealers.

the US dealers actually pay more I think as they have a higher inport duty than Canada.

It's not the dealers, these poor bastards have to overpay also. Yamaha know exactly how many are coming across the border......but they still don't seem to mind screwing their cdn dealers.

The remaining dealers (the have lost a few close to me) are really going to struggle next year.

Leave the MSRP, they will never lower it, EVER......but make the rebates count for something. 3k to drive across the border is a no brainer.

I feel sorry for the dealers.

Oh man..u guys are right..and u dont even know a 10th of it...However, as much as I'd like to complain on here...I don;t think is appropriate for me to divulge all the things im thinking..HA ha...I love Yamaha, and I simply wish this issue would/could be corrected ....soon!

Well since yamaha knows every sled coming into Canada (recall letter) I bet they get a kick back from Yamaha USA when a US sled is sold into Canada....

Why do I think that, because when I called Yamaha USA they were complete A$$wipes to me, asking for bills of sales, there legal dept had to review the files, and it would take weeks...etc etc.....

Then I said the hell with it call Yamaha Canada, and boy to my suprise they were the nicest, kindest people I have ever talked with (kutos to that dept in Canada) they faxed the letter same day

P.S. I bought 5 Apex last year in the US, and plan to buy atleast 5 more this year!!!

No kick backs. Yamaha us & yamaha Canda are 2 totally separate companies. They have very little to do with each other.

Turk said:
No kick backs. Yamaha us & yamaha Canda are 2 totally separate companies. They have very little to do with each other.

Then why were they Jerks to me on the phone looking for the recall letter???? they said legal had to look into this........if they were seperate they should be happy that us Canadian are buyong truck loads of non-currents

Turk said:

110% True Turk. Not many people realize this.

It is not up to yamaha US to give you a recall letter.They probably would never send you one ever. You get that from yam canada. Daranello; you should know this from the bajallion questions you ask on here daily!

Turk said:
It is not up to yamaha US to give you a recall letter.They probably would never send you one ever. You get that from yam canada. Daranello; you should know this from the bajallion questions you ask on here daily!

Thats not true, I got my recall letters fast from Yamaha USA when I bought my 06 RTX......and they still send them out.....all I was saying is Yamaha Canada was much more friendly....

And this is a statement Not question ;):D

Quick question.

Is it any different importing a used sled into Canada than a new one. Do I need to get this recall paper work from Yamaha Canada? If I do, can someone post the phone number for where I should call. Looking at one tonight.

Cheers,
Chris

Back