• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Price Comparisons between US vs. CA

Yamaha Canada stay strong and keep your prices high. I love it!,,

Bought my Attak new from a us dealer for $6995..... Sold it 2 years latter for $9400.... Can't do that if the prices are the same. How often can you make monie from buying south and selling north! Y I ride yamaha. Aman to the $17,995 Apex. Lol

I was asking a dealer about the price difference. He told me that Yamaha Canada and Yamaha US are two different business entities. The US market demands more product therefore larger bulk purchases from Japan results in cheaper prices.

Is this really true? I don't know, but it sounds sort of logical.

RX1MPete said:
I was asking a dealer about the price difference. He told me that Yamaha Canada and Yamaha US are two different business entities. The US market demands more product therefore larger bulk purchases from Japan results in cheaper prices.

I get that. Makes sense. On the web sites at the bottom it says yamaha motors canada, and the US site is yamaha motors USA. When I look at the some of the other brands I just see BRP, or Polaris Industries no matter what country im looking at. Now if it is just the way they have it set up or if its true I do not know.

Here is the price list that further supports Yamaha Canada gouging us Canadians. It amounts to an average easily over $2000. That's not even taking the currency exchange rate of a Cdn dollar valued at $1.04 U.S.

Attachments

• Yamagouge Cdn.JPG
    Yamagouge Cdn.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 155
A 'free market' system should correct the price differences but the problem is that they won't let the US dealers sell to Canadians so it is no longer a 'free' market. That is why a class action suit makes sense. There was one filed against Honda the last time the dollars were at par by a couple from Eastern Canada but I'm not sure what happened there.

this is a prime example of why all 3 of my sleds came from US, When i bought the RTX, i saved just under $4000, the 40th, saved about 3500, and the phazer(picked up used 2 weeks ago) saved about $2000 compaired to used sleds here.... for me, its a NO brainer.... I live alittle over an hour to border, and the deals to be had are unreal. Everyone says you need to support local dealers, and stimulate the economy, but as it stands we pay sooo much for taxes, fuel, etc... that i need every dollar left to go as far as i can make it... and until the prices get down to "compairable" values... my money will be spent cross boarder.... heck the government is Still getting all their tax money anyways when i hit the boarder!!

YammyRX1 said:
A 'free market' system should correct the price differences but the problem is that they won't let the US dealers sell to Canadians so it is no longer a 'free' market. That is why a class action suit makes sense. There was one filed against Honda the last time the dollars were at par by a couple from Eastern Canada but I'm not sure what happened there.

Goto a US dealer. Give him a fake US address (out of state) so u don't pay state tax ie tax free. Drive to boarder and import. Cnd customs don't give a crap what address is on the bill of sale. Use your real name ;)!

RX1MPete said:

Only problem with that theory is that Canada sells almost as many sleds as the US. I go with the Canadians are used to taking it up the wazoo so lets continue the rape and pilage.

Buy US and if the Canadian dealer fold they fold. They will also scream and as sales drop in Canada maybe the Yamaha Canada will take notice. If not I can drive my sled 120 miles south to get warenttee.

I really like the boycott for 2012 Idea. Buy a used sled from the US instead if you have to buy a newer sled.

Wonder why the RS Venture is the only sled thats the same as the US? No wonder thats the sled I bought this year.

when't to us bought my 07 attak for 3200 dollars less than canadian dealer after every thnig was done. try to deal with my local dealer first and told him the u.s guys aren't buying here no more cut me a deal coudn't do it good bye :moon:

pat the rat said:
our government is the cause for higher prices,they tax the product alot more than the us,for our health plan like someone said

Come on now do you really believe that? :jump:

Here's an even better one:
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20 ... ap-110417/
"Canadians may enjoy cross-border shopping but some experts say we're not as dedicated to bargain hunting as Americans, a trait that contributes to higher prices at home despite the high-flying loonie. "

And then the gall of this auto industry rep:
"That's why cars are cheaper in the U.S. even though the Canadian dollar is worth more, according to Brian Osler, president of the North American Automobile Trade Association.
"Canadians are willing to pay more for cars so manufacturers charge more," Osler said Sunday on CTV News Channel."

We're "willing" to pay more??? What the heck is that? Unless one has easy access to the border, we don't have much of a choice if we want a sled. How about we're willing to just keep our old sleds or just buy used ones?

Back