• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

137 Backcountry 1.75 track

Anybody getting some miles on using this track? I'm currently fighting some clutch heat myself and I'm on my third belt after 1200 miles, lol. I really want to get this figured out.
I'm currently running Dalton Blk/Green with Dalton DTAY 1 in primary, and a Cat Green with 33/35 helix in secondary. Thunder rollers in both clutches, Offset is 57.2mm, 8DN belt, Thunder belt adjuster which allows float. I'm tuned with TD map bundle but only running the 250 right now until this clutch heat issue is figured out. I run hard corner to corner with lots of 70mph plus trail cruising, a few WOT squeezes here and there, I'm not interested and top speed. I also changed gearing to 24/50 from 21/41.
I'm considering going back to stock set up and bring my offset back out a bit to pin point the issue. Any ideas? I have other weights and secondary springs I can try as well.
My sled is 100% stock has 1870 miles and on stock belt. Belt still looks great. I don’t plan to change anything at this point.

I ran it year 1 with powertrail tune, 21/41 gearing, stock secondary shimmed, STM 60ys weights and ulmer pink primary spring. Zero belt issues, 109.9 GPS on snow.
Can you remember how your stm ramps were loaded,and did you buy them from ulmer? On mine he states to load tip heavy,mid empty and heel light,and it works good on my sled,w/the 38 that I also got from him.

5000 km on mine, 137 xtx Le and track still looks like new, haven’t even had to adjust it yet.
Track works very good in loose and soft snow or off trail.
Tracks works good on hard pack, but won’t hook up like a ripsaw or comparable track.
No slider issues.

Last 3200 km it’s had the Powertrail tune with Turboforce exhaust.

STM 60ys weights : 2 tungsten at tip, 4 washers total at heel and 4 washers total in center.
Ulmer’s pink spring.
16 mm Yamaha rollers in primary.
Running 8DN belt.
9050 rpm and shifts out at 8950 rpm.
Stock gearing.
I would gear up if I just ran hard pack trails, but what would be the point of this track (backcountry) if one was mostly on hard pack?
Still factory helix and spring set at 60 degrees.

Concrete type hard pack 200km/hr easily on gauges.
Normal hard pack 180km/hr pretty easy but not much more.
Soft snow 160 km/hr easy but won’t go any faster.
These speeds are on the gauges not gps readings.
Fuel range is 210 to 230 km per tank.

In stock factory tune I could only get 175 km/hr on concrete type hard pack and 165km/hr in normal hard pack. Soft snow it would never go above 155km/hr.
Fuel range was 175 km per tank.
This track takes a lot of power at your higher speeds.

Hopes this info helps you out.

Last edited:
5000 km on mine, 137 xtx Le and track still looks like new, haven’t even had to adjust it yet.
Tracks works good on hard pack, but won’t hook up like a ripsaw or comparable track.
No slider issues.

STM 60ys weights : 2 tungsten at tip, 4 washers total at heel and 4 washers total in center.
Ulmer’s pink spring.
Running 8DN belt.
Stock gearing.
I would gear up if I just ran hard pack trails, but what would be the point of this track (backcountry) if one was mostly on hard pack?

In stock factory tune I could only get 175 km/hr on concrete type hard pack and 165km/hr in normal hard pack. Soft snow it would never go above 155km/hr.

Interesting Allen has you loading down the tip so much. You'd think with that big track and trail riding/off trail, you'd want most of the weight in the heel.

No slider issues.

Ulmer’s pink spring.
Running 8DN belt.
Stock gearing.

Do you happen to know your offset? Are your clutches running cool? Do you know the specs on that pink primary? Blowing any belts?

Interesting Allen has you loading down the tip so much. You'd think with that big track and trail riding/off trail, you'd want most of the weight in the heel.
I’ve been thinking the same thing? I’ve been thinking of moving the tungstens to the heel just to see the difference in performance and how it would change the clutching.

Do you happen to know your offset? Are your clutches running cool? Do you know the specs on that pink primary? Blowing any belts?
My clutches are never to hot that you can’t hold your hand on them.
Does it blow belts? Yes it can
8jp belt it will destroy in seconds on top end, figured out that with my clutch Center to center distance of 266mm is to much far apart for the 8JP belt and would max out secondary and explode the belt. I could never get over 180 km/hr with the 8jp and would take about a half minute and boom belt done.
I switched to the 8dn and am getting 20 to 25 km/hr higher speeds on top end because it’s bit longer allowing it to run higher on the primary clutch.
Right now my offset is 60 with washer removed and thinking I’m going to try get it closer to 57.

So far I haven’t blown the 8dn belt, but only about 800 km on it, and I’ll see how far it goes

If your clutches are not hot and getting good performance out of your 8dn, i wouldnt change the offset. I am currently at 57.5 and about slowly working my way back to 60 to get less heat.

I’ve been thinking the same thing? I’ve been thinking of moving the tungstens to the heel just to see the difference in performance and how it would change the clutching.

I loaded up my heel weight at the advice from clutchmaster. performance did not change and seem to run cooler. not as cool as i would like, so i am going to start messing with offset. will measure my C to C out of curiosity to compare with yours

8jp belt it will destroy in seconds on top end, figured out that with my clutch Center to center distance of 266mm is to much far apart for the 8JP belt and would max out secondary and explode the belt. I could never get over 180 km/hr with the 8jp and would take about a half minute and boom belt done.
I switched to the 8dn and am getting 20 to 25 km/hr higher speeds on top end because it’s bit longer allowing it to run higher on the primary clutch.
Right now my offset is 60 with washer removed and thinking I’m going to try get it closer to 57.

So far I haven’t blown the 8dn belt, but only about 800 km on it, and I’ll see how far it goes
Was your clutch set up from allen ulmer always set up this way? Mine to was two tungstens in tip,BUT mid always empty,and heel only has had two washers in them,one on each side,but when I last contacted allen last week,he told me to remove one tungsten in tip,and keep 4 washers on that side,leaving all else the same,the only diff,between our set ups is my stm 38 came with my kit,and allens red secondary spring which is a cat spring,set at 01 wrapped.Oh ya,what lug is on your track?

Was your clutch set up from allen ulmer always set up this way? Mine to was two tungstens in tip,BUT mid always empty,and heel only has had two washers in them,one on each side,but when I last contacted allen last week,he told me to remove one tungsten in tip,and keep 4 washers on that side,leaving all else the same,the only diff,between our set ups is my stm 38 came with my kit,and allens red secondary spring which is a cat spring,set at 01 wrapped.Oh ya,what lug is on your track?

What lug is your track and are you running Ulmers pink primary? I believe the red secondary you have is a Dalton, I also have that spring from a turbo viper kit Ulmer sold me.

I will measure C to C and see where I'm at as well. Im also at 57mm currently and going to work out to 59mm to start.

What lug is your track and are you running Ulmers pink primary? I believe the red secondary you have is a Dalton, I also have that spring from a turbo viper kit Ulmer sold me.
My sled is a 17 ltx-le 1.25 lug track 137 length,and the secondary spring ulmer sent me for my kit is a cat spring,and yes I am still running his pink primary spring,i like it for many reasons.

That doesn't seem very fast. I am getting that without a tune and I am a big guy.
On the contrary,that gps speed of almost 110 mph seems very good speed for a 1.75 lug track,in the 137 length also,thats very good I would say.

No slider issues.

Ulmer’s pink spring.
Running 8DN belt.
Stock gearing.

What drivers and stock gears with the xtx 137? That is awesome speeds with PT tune,ta I understand its speedo not gps,but for that big track,thats motoring,and all with the 8dn belt,and stock helix and spring. Congrates

Back