• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

137 Rmotion a success in an apex

Do you know what year the R-motion is or what model it came off?
Does it feel sprung right?
Meaning, as of now, is there any shock or spring changes you would make?
2017 MXZX, it rides like a dream and hooks like a mother. So far I haven’t had to do any major spring changes.

Curious if you got any miles? My winder broke down and I used a buddies Doo and the R motion was nice! I bet it will rock in the Apex!
I’ve put on about 200 miles so far and it is awesome! Absolutely love this suspension in the apex, would do it again in a heartbeat.

Do you know what year the R-motion is or what model it came off?
Does it feel sprung right?
Meaning, as of now, is there any shock or spring changes you would make?
2017 MXZX is what it came off of. So far no spring changes whatsoever. About 1.5” of sag when I sit on it.

Any chance we could get a late season update on this?
So I’ve put a little over 1000 miles on and I’m 100% satisfied. It totally changes the way this machine handles and feels. I smile out of every corner cause the skis come up on demand. Hooks like a mother now. Bumps and moguls are wayyyyy more tolerable. Only thing I will be adding are some scratchers. Other than that I’m done for this year and ready to hit it hard early season next year.

I also put a 137 Rmotion in my 13 Ape and love it, I did have to put in the heavier springs Doo offers, even after tearing everything off the back of the sled and going to a bottom dump exhaust. I also extended it to 144” with Track USA extensions. Pretty easy swap I put one is the old RX and few years back and that also worked out well.

Just goes to show how out to lunch Yamaha was with there rear suspension. You guys just did what should have been done from the factory. Instead of just building a rear skid that was like all the rest they had to try and reinvent the wheel and failed miserably.

Just goes to show how out to lunch Yamaha was with there rear suspension. You guys just did what should have been done from the factory. Instead of just building a rear skid that was like all the rest they had to try and reinvent the wheel and failed miserably.
For once I will have to agree with you TPay, its like Yamaha hits a wall when it comes to suspension design, other brands clearly have surpassed Yamaha with their rear suspension design, the single shot where is simplified by a single shock design can not compete in the rough stuff found on the trails, you have to take your time or risk spinal injury, great on the straight and groomed but at the end of the day when trails get rough you have to slow down while the competition just fly's by, Yamaha just couldn't get over that wall, if they built rear suspensions like they build their engines they would be king.

TPAY & 20/80, I agree completely.
Risk spinal injury, now that's funny!
But not really.

For once I will have to agree with you TPay, its like Yamaha hits a wall when it comes to suspension design, other brands clearly have surpassed Yamaha with their rear suspension design, the single shot where is simplified by a single shock design can not compete in the rough stuff found on the trails, you have to take your time or risk spinal injury, great on the straight and groomed but at the end of the day when trails get rough you have to slow down while the competition just fly's by, Yamaha just couldn't get over that wall, if they built rear suspensions like they build their engines they would be king.

hmm around here the doos all slow down when it is rough and are all stand up riding when i hoist the skis while sitting on the 11 xtx (stock suspension other than springs) and go by them in the same lumps at the end of the day. trying to get the 16 to ride/transfer that well. getting better finally with some miles on it.

to op, glad it is working like you want.

Back