• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

141"Xtx vs137" xtx

murdered141

Snow Punisher
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha sr viper 15 ltx dx, mpi 190 turbo, straight line header, 38" mtx front end, mtx steering, mtx seat, xtx 141" skid and 2.25" power claw track
2019 sidewinder xtx le, sleeping for now
I kinda have my sights set on a 2018 sw xtx 141"(grey+high vis yellow) I'm wondering what difference there is between the 2, 137" vs 141", besides the obvious track length and coupled vs uncoupled skid, pretty sure the driver's and gearing would be different and here's the screwed up part, the 137"xtx has the mountain seat and grab bar on the handle bars and not the 141", did someone at Yamaha goof up or is cat just messing with us?

I also have a 137 XTX and miss the transfer of the uncoupled 141 I had on my viper.

I have the 18 137 xtx and love it. I don’t feel it had a transfer issue but I have not ridden the 141 to compare it too. The mountain seat is awesome for trail riding. I like the seat being a little taller. The track is awesome and hooks great so that may help compensate for the lack of transfer people speak of with the 137. Also they do not come with the mountain grab bar, they were pictures with it but was a running change. My dealer did make it right and give me a mountain strap at no charge since i snowchecked and wanted the strap.

Last edited:
Murdered has played with the 137 skid and knows exactly what to do to make it transfer like a 141. Guys need to remember that the 137 skid is a trail suspension and it is intended to keep the skis planted by design. It can be made to transfer by removing the blocks, and or transfer stop altogether, but that negates the intended design which is to keep the skis planted. I have both a 141 and a 137 that has been converted to an off trail sled, and I personally prefer to ride the 137. It's more flickable and rides better in the bumps on the way to the off trail play pens. Transfer is an understatement once set-up for it. The only thing that the 141 does better is less ski pressure off thorottle due to skid position relative to the tunnel, and a little better flotation with less trenching in the deep stuff. They do both get stuck equally well if you try hard enough

When I started this process and was looking at a 2018 SE my salesman specifically told me to consider the BTX because the 141 was uncoupled. It gave me pause because for sure it sounds fun as hell. I haven't tried one

I have a XTX 137 that I love but I do miss the transfer that my 141 XTX Viper had.

137 with QS3's rides better than the float suspension. I also prefer the Backcountry far more than the Cobra track.
So the 18 sw xtx se's 137" has qs3's?
Not fox floats like the 141" xtx se

Correct. Qs3s skis and rear shock. Then a hpg for front skid shock.

The xtx se's 137" is starting to make more sense to me now, mountain seat, qs3 shock's, the 1.75" bc should hook up great on trail and go off trail as well.
:letsnow:

The xtx se's 137" is starting to make more sense to me now, mountain seat, qs3 shock's, the 1.75" bc should hook up great on trail and go off trail as well.
:letsnow:
I love mine. You won’t regret it. The track is awesome!!

I love mine. You won’t regret it. The track is awesome!!
I had a 1.75" bc 144" on my 13 nytro xtx , but that sled was a whole different animal.

Here are the 2017 LE model of the xtx.
74358.jpeg
74355.jpeg

Back