• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

144 NITRO FX ..........finally tested!

Topgun

Expert
Well went up North and put 60 or so miles on in deep snow, winding trails and major moguls. First off, the traction, and I mean TRACTION. The 144 x 1.75 hooks REAL hard. The sled is almost too violent. Downside the topend seems down. I didn't have a long enough distance to see but will check tomorrow. The ride is waaay better then I thought. Switched off to other sleds but was real impressed when I got back on my own. I ran the mountain skis today with carbides but I'm gonna go back to the stockers tomorrow. The skis just didn't work for me today! The front seemed to push abit today but when friends drove it ( they are both Polaris) they figured the front was too light, go figure. I'll try the stockers tomorow and I might have to strap the back down a couple. I can honestly say I was giving up ALOT in traction with the 1.25. I can't even imagine ski pressure on a 144 kit and a relocated skid like others are doing. Warmers were not bad today though, but my left foot was wet from sweat because of the heat coming out the vents.
http://www.putfile.com/nitrofx/images/169632

718064012.jpg

718064043.jpg

718063923.jpg

Ski pressure........more compared to when it was a shorty , but in fairness I changed from the stock ski and round rod for wear bar to mountain ski with carbides for the first ride as long track so the difference I felt could have been the skis. The trails had TIGHT turns but the sled railed around those with no issue but again you noticed the extended tail alittle. Coming out of the turns hard on the gas into the straights was violent compared to the shorty. When pounding snow and snow banks in meadows the 144 ate that stuff up at will , traction in the deep is GREAT. I am noticing the rpm's are way more consistant every where. With the 2 speeds I get just over 8500 on the hit and work up to 8700 or so more consistant then the shorty. Before it would kill rpm in the loose stuff where now it just builds.
Also ice build up now that the protectors are knocked out of the tunnel is alomost non-existant..........best thing to happen out of the whole experiance.

Sick, I need some 144 rails for my MTX. Couple questions...

Will they fit the MTX?
What do they cost?
Are they any stronger than stock?
Are they tipped up(I hope not)?

I believe the two skids are different but don't take my word for it.
They cost 300 from Ulmer.
They ARE stronger then stock. Don't know if Allan knows but they are bigger throughout.
Finally they are tipped up. Good for me cause I trail ride quite abit.
Whats up with yours Nikolai?

Nikolai, the rails will not interchange with the MTX because the suspensions are different. These rails are a fair amount beefier & stronger than the stockers.

I never measured what the stock 121" rail weighs, but the 144" billet rails weigh 4 lbs each.

Well , a weekend of beating on this thing is complete. I hand it to Ulmer, these rails are tough! We were pounding some serious banks , but got into some that were hard as rock so the sled was landing hard on the tail . The rails as expected held up fine. Tunnel extension wowed abit where the mudflap rivits to but if the stuff wasn't built good I woulda ripped it right off.
Can't get over how this thing rides.........unbelievable. We also did some high speed creek running today which consisted of alot of nice tight corners. Even with the 144 this thing came around corners like it was on rails. Rear didn't wanna kick out but instead stayed under me nicely.............. can't get over it.! My top speed on hardpack is now down to 92 on the speedo . The long big lugged track took alot out of it but my rpm is ALOT more consistant in all conditions. And again my snow build up under the tunnel is non existant now.
On a sour note with temps at -27 celcious the warmers were colder then the temp....LOL! My left foot was wet though today........from sweat. Man this thing puts out heat outta the vent. I gotta get some cool air flowing into this thing to cool the temp coming out.

Back