• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

151 to 159

sledhead_dan

Extreme
I have a line on a 159 x 15 x 2 " camoplast to replace stock 151 on my s/c RX MTN. Will I notice an improvement or am I wasting time and money. Have a nytro susp with offset axel rolled forward to accept the stock 151. will roll axle back and move susp back 1.5 " if needed.

I have a 03, came with the same 151/15/2. When I installed the turbo, upgraded the track to 159/16/2. Not sure who much the tracked helped, @ the time the 159 was the biggest. Well that didnt last long, 162 came out not long after. Now I going to run a 162/2.5/16, brand new for dirt cheap. Sold the other 2 tracks. Im not sure about the 174/16/3 track yet. The price is wayout there on it. It wont hurt what your doing, but no toys in life are really worth spending $ on. As long as your having fun is what counts.

159 Works real well , you will not regret it.

The 159 with the 2.25 drivers have way less issues and run smoother

than the 3inch set ups.

With the set back you will also get a better approach angle.

And 159 tracks are cheap win win all around.

16" wide tracks will fit in the RX1 bulkhead, the rear drop brackets have to be changed. Also couple bolts in the chaincase have to be shorten. Here is couple pics of my sled. Its a 162/16/2.5 with 7t avid drivers.
IMGP0105.jpg
[/img]

I put a 159 finger track on mine by moving the skid back 1.5'' and adding 2.5'' extensions. This makes for a real shallow approach angle to help it get up on the snow easier.

Ken...

Installed the 159 x 16 wide today. Moved the nytro 153 skid back to the original front 151 susp hole, rolled offset axle back, but I am a bit concerned of how much track with no rail is between driver and rail tip. I run 2 anti stab wheels on rail tips. Read some bad posts re stabbing tracks. I read the approach angle is better, but what is optimum? The ported summit track has every second clip. The summits had anti ratchet from factory, I should be ok I think. What about all the track with no support up in the tunnel, will it slap the under tunnel exhaust ?

Any info would be appreciated Thanks :flag:

Back