• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2 gallon rotopax?!? Anyone have one?

Hey guys im thinking about putting a 2 gallon rotopax can on the back of my nytro and couldnt find any info or pics or anyone actually mounting one to the back of there xtx. Anyone have any info? Seen a few 1.75 packs on nytros which look great but hoping I can use the slightly larger one.

I thought about a tourbuddy but was looking for something I can take off if I get stuck or if someone else needs fuel. Plus I should be able to get away with using a small piece of pipe to direct my exhaust up and back instead of a turnout.

you don't need a turnout with the buddy and it empties first so the weight comes off first...and i carry a siphon hose with a one way valve for mty buddies

I'v seen rotopax on the MTX I think they look tidy and I thought of putting one on my xtx too however you wll have to relocate your rear tail light and get a turn out, it will be tight but should work. Tour buddys are great too and do the trick but I personaly think they look ugly.

yes not the best looking but most others like roto and koplins dont look much better even yamaha cans in a bag stick out too far, with the roto or koplins you need another mount to put on the sides . rear mounts have to move tailight

I really like the fact I can remove the rotopax if need be and I can get it in blue so it matches my sled which I think is cool! I just did the tail light relocate as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2013121529260.jpg
    IMG_2013121529260.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 92
I have a Doo can on my XTX and it is perfect, there when I need it and gone when I don't. Did a taillight relocate and a turn out works perfect.

Attachments

• 2013 used 053 (Copy) (Copy).JPG
    2013 used 053 (Copy) (Copy).JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 131
xf800spro said:
I have a Doo can on my XTX and it is perfect, there when I need it and gone when I don't. Did a taillight relocate and a turn out works perfect.

X2 Only problem I had with mine is it leaks a bit out of the vent. I put a piece of plastic under the vent cap and stopped the leak. I torment my buddies about this because I tell them doo cant even make a gas can that holds together.

Back