• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 Jan New York TY Ride

I'm all ready to go. A bagger trip sounds cool, but we need to make sure we have gas stops and everything else planned out, along with reservations where we're heading. Anyway, I'm just looking forward to getting out there and riding. I'm running out of 'projects' to keep me busy.

As much fun as a bagger trip sounds, I don't know logistically if we can pull if off. Why don't we just plan our base at the Montague and go a different direction every day. I would love to tour the North Country, Tupper Lake if that can be done on a day trip. Any input? Let's try to nail this down this week.

First Ride Of The Season For NY TY

I'M In whatever the group decides to do. A bagger would be fun though. I will probably be there through the weekend.Boston I got your voice mail, I will call you ,been extremely busy lately. But the sled is almost ready.

Larry

Viperman and I stayed in Tupper several years ago. Rode to Highmarket and back in one day. That was when we both had '99 SRX700, sure wish I'd had the RX-1 on that day :4STroke:

Let me throw my 2 cents into this discussion. As far as a ride out in western NY at the end of December, I don't think the trails would be set up yet, and there is alot of traffic on the trails between Cristmas and New Years. Trails usually get chewed up pretty fast. As far as a Overnight trip on the planned ride in January out of montague, Maybe we could do a one night trip, leaving Wed. morning from Montague, stay somewhere Wed. night, and come back to Montague Thursday evening. Then whoever does not want to do an overnight trip, can meet us Friday morning for two day trips on Friday and Saturday. What does everythink of the idea?

:4STroke: :yam:

Gordon, great idea. I would love to do a bagger trip. Let's see if there is any interest or just plan it and hope for the best. I can name 8 guys who I have talked to that would do it. I am sure there are others who would join us as well. How about going to Tupper and Saranac Lakes for the trip. I just hope we can get at least 200+ miles a day. If anyone can give me hotels to stay at, I will make some calls and post numbers. If you are leading Gordon and want to do it, consider it done. Let's do it.

Whatever you guys decide to do is fine with me. My schedule is changing so I don't think I'll be able to make it Wednesday anyway. Probably just Thursday, Friday and the weekend.

What time on Wednesday do you want to start our trip. I would like to start early everyday, but if we started a little later in the morning on Wednesday, people could arrive that morning and save one night hotel. Any suggestions? And where is the HRD?

Might I make the suggestion of this.....arriving at Montague Inn on Tuesday night and staying the night there, to get an early start the next day. Departing Montague 8-9am Wednesday morning. Option 1)Riding to Lake Clear, NY area, which I just north of Tupper and Saranac Lake. Staying the night at a place called Charlies Inn in Lake Clear. Depart Lake Clear area Thursday 8-9AM and ride back toward Montague/Tug Hill area. Option 2) Depart Montague Wednesday 8-9am and ride to Tupper Lake, NY area. And we can stay at either the Lakeview Motel or Tupper Lake Motel. Depart Tupper Lake Thursday 8-9AM and head back toward Montague/Tug Hill. Option 3) Ride to Saranac Lake area. Stay at a place called Adirondack Motel or Lake View Motel. And head back to Montague on Thursday. I am unfamiliar with riding from Montague/Tug Hill area to any of these areas..trails...accessability...etc. But I do believe all areas are reachable by trail. Maybe somebody else has input. Then play it by ear for Friday/Saturday/Sunday riding, for those who are still staying. Maybe Friday ride down toward Redfield/Osceola areas and Saturday ride down by BBW, pending the trails down that way are set up by then.. Or maybe even hit the Old Forge trail system, one of the days on the weekend, as I feel the O.F. trails are groomed a little better through the weekend, and not as many crazies. We all know the condition of trails on the Hill come the weekend. What do you think?

Steve, great suggestions. I don't care where we go as long as we go. I guess the next decision is who has the best sleeping and eating facility? We have to remember that there is no breakfast at the Montague. Also, I can be there first thing on Wednesday, I just was not sure of anyone else. Get your wishes in before this thing gets decided.

Hey guys, You can totally ignore me if you want as I am still sledless temporarily. I like the idea of a bagger trip, however I think it has the potential to cut down the potential number of guys that might want to go on a ride with the TY folks (this might appeal to some who want a smaller group anyway). The problem is that there are still usually a few guys every trip who can't go more than 1 day at a time. This then excludes them! With a bagger trip you are starting and ending at different spots and how do you get back to your starting point. I would suggest that if you really want to do a bagger trip that you do it as a separate trip and do it someplace special like Canada. Save the NY rides for everyone, even those who can only come for a day. The season is too short and mother nature to fickle to exclude the guys who like to come on these trips if we are only doing 2-3 rides a year and one of them is a bagger.
Just my 2 cents worth.

PS - Anyone know anybody who is hiring? :( :( :(

You have no idea how hard it is to lurk here knowing that I can't join you when the snow flies. This economy sucks (especially in NY) and maybe I'm too old and nobody wants to hire someone with my experience.

Geez Dana, you don't have to kick me when I'm down.

Boomer, look at the brite side, if you had a sled, you would not have to worry about getting time off. Wasn't Hillary going to fix all the things wrong with the NY economy? Opps, sorry, that was politcal. I hope you can make it to the big dance. I do agree with you on the bagger trip, but it will be only for two days and I have now 8 people committed. I think that is great.

Bagger trip will only be Weds-Thursday. It is just something different and I think is a great idea. That still leaves Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for those who just want to meet up and ride for the day (or two) with their fellow TY'ers. I know I will be there for the full stretch (Weds-Sun) Dana, did you plan on driving down and arriving early Wednesday morning or staying at Montague Tuesday night? -Steve(O.C.)

Hmmmmmm...did Boomer say something about a trip to Canada? Let's keep that one in the back our minds ;)!

Back