• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 vector overheated bad

YAMMY

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
apex gt
I threw a stud into my front heat exchanger . the sled overheated to the point where the light sensor that came on ,then went out. thinking it was good i kept going untill it started bogging out .i then shut er down to find a ton of oil in the air filter and very low on oil. towed er back to cabin . next morning wouldnt start after putting oil back in and coolent, finally started ,but only could idle. for a min . or so .It got so hot it deformed the dipstick to the point i couldnt pull it all the way out. also cant get the plug wire to come off .i wanted to check plugs , thinking to change them . Im afraid i fryed the thing , what do you guys think?

I threw a stud into my front heat exchanger . the sled overheated to the point where the light sensor that came on ,then went out. thinking it was good i kept going untill it started bogging out .i then shut er down to find a ton of oil in the air filter and very low on oil. towed er back to cabin . next morning wouldnt start after putting oil back in and coolent, finally started ,but only could idle. for a min . or so .It got so hot it deformed the dipstick to the point i couldnt pull it all the way out. also cant get the plug wire to come off .i wanted to check plugs , thinking to change them . Im afraid i fryed the thing , what do you guys think?

Doesn't sound good if it got that hot.

yup, it sounds cooked to me too.

Back