• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006-2007 Northeast TY Ride

Sorry I have been really swamped. Early thought has been the second or third weekend in February. Martin Luther King weekend in January could work too. All input appretiated.

week of Valentines day is out for me( not because of the wife- will be in Canada riding ) but any other time in Febis good. Also 2nd to last weekend in January have mandatory inventory.
Any idea as to where we going to get together?

M.L.K. weekend works for me, that is Jan 13(Fri),14(Sat), &15(Sun). Only times not good for me (so far) are Jan 29-Feb 2 (planning Quebec trip)and weekend of Feb 9,10, &11. That's just me though. Other than that, I am up for whenever/wherever.

--Steve (O.C.)

NY- MLK weekend sounds good to me, plus some people might have that Monday off if they wanted to make it a long weekend. Where are you thinking about?

What about Tug Hill area, riding out of Montague Inn in Lowville or Timberview in Turin? We have done a couple of TY rides out Montague and it always worked out well. Or if we wanted to base ourselves a little further south in either Barneveld/Remsen and we can ride up towards "the hill" one day (north) and head out to Forestport/White Lake/Old Forge/Inlet(East) another day. Only thing about Old Forge/Inlet is they require a seperate trail pass, which not everybody in the group is always into. Or another option is to base out of Piseco, Lake Pleasant, or Speculator areas and ride that area. Anybody else have any opinions? I will say that we should get something hammered down soon though if we plan on doing it MLK weekend,as I am sure the decent hotels will start booking up quick.

-Steve (O.C.)

I say the hill is a good one. We can stay south and ride up the hill like you said and even south of the hill was some real good, uncrowded riding. Or not- I'm game to pretty much anywhere. I'm not crazy about old forge because the seperate permit, but I'm not against it.- just want to ride. :-o

OK....so Old Forge is out. I ain't picky. I'll have the O.F. pass but usually consensus on TY rides is to stay out of O.F. due to the extra trail pass required. I know my way up to and around the hill from as far south as Boonville. So if we wanted to stay further south than Montague, say Headwaters Lodge in Boonville, that is fine. How about this.....let's just say TY ride out of Montague Inn M.L.K weekend, Friday(13th), Saturday(14th), and Sunday(15th). Those in favor say "AYE!".

I will be first. AYE!!!

--Steve (O.C.)

Aye- I usually stay in around West Leyden/ Constabbleville ( near the Milk Plant ) I am in. Lets just hope there is snow up there. :drink:

Stay where you want. Montague has food, bar, decent accomodations, and gas right there, so it is very convenient. We will depart from Montague at 10am sharp all three days. Hopefully ride out in a different direction all three days, depending on where the good snow is.

Something else to consider....The last two years we have tried planning a bagger trip riding from Tug Hill across the Adirondacks over to the Lake Clear area (staying at Charlies Inn in Lake Clear, NY) but had to cancel due to there not being enough snow to make the long trek. So that is something to consider as well.

--Steve (O.C.)

I was thinking Speculator area for less congestion on the trails. But if the others like Tug Hill better that can be done as well. Or maybe two separate rides that weekend to give members options. Lets keep the ideas flowing I don't want anyone to feel left out.

Speculator is a nice area, I ride there 2 or 3 times every year, but the trails are too narrow for the most part. I will ride on the Tug Hill portion if I can get any time off.

Ale, Honk? How about a nice bowl of chowda' to go along with it? hahaha.

Rather than go back and forth about places..let's just keep THIS TY ride around the Tug Hill area, based out of Montague Inn in Lowville. That way, all planning to attend can start making their plans/reservations.

It is always possible to do the next ride out by Speculator. There is plenty of winter left. Oh wait, It hasn't even started yet!

--Steve (O.C.)

Back