• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Feb Tug Hill NY TY Ride

Count me in. The bagger trip is questionable right now, but I should be good for at least one day. It will be great seeing all you guys again. :Rockon:

Boomer said:
Check with Boston RX1 he should know. It also depends where on the hill you want to go. Going to Montague is just about the farthest spot you can go to get on the hill from Mass. I Think?
It's all relative though, what's it matter if you're going to be riding. I'll be driving about 6 hours to get there.

Thats a good idea i will. I figure it will take about 4 hrs for me but i dunno exactky were its at Boston how about u maybe we acn hook up are u in nH now

Daveyboy, You would take the New York Thruway from Albany to Utica, then Rt. 12 north up to Lowville, then it is West of lowville about 15 miles. It will take about 1hr 20 minutes from Albany to Utica, then about 1 hr. from Utica to Lowville, then about 25 minutes to Montague. So from Albany you're looking at about 2hr. and 45 minutes. Montague will not show up on a NY map but it is about 5 miles south of Rt 177 half way between Lowville and Barnes Corners. Hope this helps. also hI hope you can join us. I will post more information about Charlies Inn, in a few weeks.
:4STroke:

Thanks for the warm invite i will try to make this ride i am about 2hrs from the NY Boarder coming in at adams ma or pittsfield ma i did find utica and rte 12 on map then poof lol nothing is this old forge area or before thanks Dave

I found lowville heading towards watertown right its the other way from old forge ;)!

ty ride

Sounds like a fun trip. Count me in., look forward to seeing everyone again. Darren

count me in for a day! got a buddy with an '02 polaris that would come up with me if, it's ok with the yami crowd! he's a good sport and really wants a yami 4-stroke, just can't spend 10,000 on a new sled this year

Gordon,
Any word yet on Charlies and how soon can we start making reservations at the Montague.
Something tells me that we are going to have s#@*load of snow this winter, so I can't wait to get riding.

RedlineViper said:
count me in for a day! got a buddy with an '02 polaris that would come up with me if, it's ok with the yami crowd! he's a good sport and really wants a yami 4-stroke, just can't spend 10,000 on a new sled this year
Still have my '03 RX-1 for sale if your buddy really wants to move from Polaris. A whole lot less than 10,000 and still has two years of warranty.

Still have my '03 RX-1 for sale if your buddy really wants to move from Polaris. A whole lot less than 10,000 and still has two years of warranty.[/quote]

he has a chance to buy a friends '04 Warrior, but is a bit reluctanct (sp?) this year becuase he has been laid off for a year and is working PT now to pay the bills. but i will pass it on to him!

I will be checking with Charlies Inn by early next week to make sure that Thursday night we want to stay there, that they will be open for us. I will have their phone # and other imformation by then, along with our itinerary , so check back next week for all the final details. THINK SNOW!
:4STroke: Thanks, Gorodn

2005 TY NY RIDE ITINERARY

This is the itinerary for the 2005 NY TY Tug Hill ride. It will be held Wed. Feb.1 - Sat. Feb. 4. There is a slight change for the night we will be doing the bagger trip to Charlies Inn. We will now be staying at Charlies Inn on FRIDAY NIGHT FEB. 3rd. instead of Thurday night. This is so that some of us who are doing the whole 4 days, can stay at Montague Inn two nights in a row instead of splitting the nights up.
Day 1 (Wed Feb 1)---We will leave from the Montague Inn at Rectors Corners at 10:00 AM sharp. Since this is day 1. it will give those of us trailering up there that morning an extra hour to get there. All other mornings we will be leaving at 9:00 AM. On day 1 we will probably ride down through Redfield, through Polaski, out to Lake Ontario, back through Happy Valley and back to Montague Inn. If at all possible be ready with a full tank of Gas to start the trip with. Montague Inn sells Gas, but I don't think they will be open that early. PLEASE BE READY TO RIDE AT 10:00 AM, NOT TAKING YOUR SLED OFF THE TRAILER.

Day 2 (Thurs. Feb 2)---We will leave from Montague Inn at 9:00 AM sharp. We will plan on riding down through Highmarket, then to Osceola, through TC corners, possibly Camden , Point Rock, West Lyden then back on the Tug to Montague.

Day 3 (Fri. Feb 3)---This will be the day we go on our overnight bagger trip Charlies Inn. We will leave Montague Inn at 9:00 Am sharp. We will ride down through brantingham to Stiullwater, up the tracks to Charlies Inn, and then if we have time we will ride around some of the trails in that area. Please call Charlies Inn for Room reservations if you are going on this part of the NY TY ride. Their # is 518-891-9858. Remember we will be staying 1 night, Friday Feb 3rd. They only have a limited # of rooms, so if you are going make reservations early. New this year, they have a 3 weeks cancellation policy, so if you need to cancel your reservations, you would have to do so 3 weeks in advance or you will lose your reservation money. There rates are $65 and up depending on what type of room or cabin you get.

Day 4 (Sat. Feb 4)--- We will leave Charlies Inn at 9:00 AM sharp. We will try to go back another trail , up through Cranberry lake, then south oh Harrisville, back throug Carthage, Barnes Corners the back to Montague. We will try to be back by 5:00 PM so those who have a ways to travel can get going.

To make reservations at Montague Inn, call 315-376-2078.
Everyone please feel free to ride with us as many days as you can make it. If you can only make it one day, that is fine, if you can come all 4 days that would be great, if you want to come a day earlier or stay a day later, more power to you. Lets make this a graet ride. All pin heads can stay home.

Montague Inn is not hard to get to. If you are coming from the south. Take Rt.12 north out of Utica, when you get to Lowville(about 1 hr drive from Utica) Rt 12 turs left in the middle of Lowville, stay on Rt 12 and few miles northwest of Lowville, bear left onto Rt. 177. Go about 4 or 5 miles and turn left on Parker Rd. Montague Inn will be about 3 or 4 miles down this Rd.
Any questions, feel free to PM me. Thanks, Gordon
:yam:

Back