• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 phazer - cold start ECU (UPDATE)

MikeWalters

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer

Wow glad it worked for you!Definitly cant argue with those results.Still wonder why they dont all(unupdated)crank as long as yours does?Thanks for posting and guys with hard starters now you know what to do to cure it.

What's real nice is no sputtering trying to fire, it just fires & runs now on the 4th crank

I will try this again when its really cold (we just got another warm spell) and post a 3rd vid

This past weekend it was -30C here, and in the morning i tried to start my sled. It cranked over and over, but never did fire. I didnt try cycling the key on and off, is this the way to do it when it's cold? I thought I would flood it if I kept turing it off and on.

I called my Yamaha dealer today, the Cold Start ECU and the Decompression springs were $320pls install. I'm going to have this done to my sled asap.

gumbellion said:
mine is exactly the same as yours used to be. Where did you get the updated ECU in canada and how much
Thanks

I got mine used from a member here on the site.

I would ask your nearest dealer (and ask nicely LOL) if they would sell the ECU alone, and not the decompression springs. Thats all I installed.

But dont be fooled, old gas and dirty plugs from old gas will give you starting problems!!! I run Shell premium only now after some terrible starting issues last season. Looks like I finally got it working like its supposed to.

Funny thing is Yammi customer service basically told me I had one of the unlucky isolated incidents. Ya right ;):D

fishermanpenner said:
I called my Yamaha dealer today, the Cold Start ECU and the Decompression springs were $320pls install. I'm going to have this done to my sled asap.

some dealers sell it for 220$ i think.. and its pretty easy to install the ECU i would think.. just put the spring in your tool box.

Boston RX1 said:
Why do we have to pay for a software fix? This should be free to Phazer owners!

Was free here in Canada until Dec 2010.
I believe there is/was a cut off date to have the update done in the USA as well for free. After that your paying.

You know come to think of it, my dealer did it for free. It has been such a long time since I rode the Phazer with no snow, I completely forgot. On about the third revolution it starts. Life is good.

Back