• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Phazer no rear transfer?

wolfe9904

Extreme
ok, my buddy and I bought phazers to play around with. We put the 800 Mods away and run these time to time. They are alot of fun but!! I have a 2008 and my buddy has a 2007. For some reason his will just spin and dart all over. Where mine transfers back and hooks and goes. We check the setup between the two and they are about the same. He does run a bigger more aggresive ski, and also his has a clutch kit, so his should leave mine. And mine is stock and leaves him on the bottom end, but we are neck and neck mid to top end. He had this issue before the clutch kit also. Was there a transfer issue in the 2007???

Phazer skid in general does not transfer much. Check limiter strap settings on both machines, centre shock spring preload, rear spring preload.

I have had my weight transfer blocks removed for 3 seasons now no trouble. It helped a bit. Ditches and backcountry always looking to get the front end up to bust through drifts etc, so thats why I removed them.

Check the rear skid pivot arms for broken welds

I would check for broken or missadjusted suspension. I have a 2007 all stock with a 1 1/2" free ride track that hooks up and pulls the skis off the ground to the point that I adjusted my limiter strap a notch shorter to stop some of the ski lift.
I also own a 2008 and only real difference in the rear skid is the updated front arm parts that were prone to breaking in the 2007's.

Back