• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 ball joint, cut off race (photo)

mach9

TY 4 Stroke Master
OEM 2009 ball joints.
Thought you guys might like to see the inside of the race after it is cut off the ball.
There is a band of some kind of wear or lubricating teflon or mesh material inside.
Not like the 08, but similar.
Cheers

Attachments

• cut-off-race.jpg
    cut-off-race.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 59

Crewchief47 said:
Well, I tried the 'stopdropanroll' method today, and took some video for the site. I was stunned at how much easier this was! Thanks for posting the tip!
http://sledtoyz.com/multimedia/video/26 ... -joint-kit

Just finished my lower ball joints, great product and great service, it is hard to come by these days. I pressed the old rings off and required the .020" shim on both sides. Perfect fit, maybe .001"- .003" of play. Also did the uppers with new Yamaha ball joints. I don't have any upper A-Arm bushings yet and it's a shame to have all this done and the slop up top still.

Guys are these Bronze or Alum Nickel Bronze?

Thanks

Attachments

• 124_1682.jpg
    124_1682.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 124_1683.jpg
    124_1683.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 47
Glad you liked the kit! I'll post Arteeex's response on the material:

aluminum-bronze alloy, Alloy 954 offers an ideal combination of high strength and corrosion resistance. It is heat treatable and performs well in applications such as pressure-bearing surfaces where strength, hardness, and high temperature resistance are a must.

Back