• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 vector chaincase bearing replacement

Ted Willis

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 yamaha vector
Does anybody on here ever done a 2009 vector chaincase bearing replacement...i have a racheting/ grinding noise coming from the lower chaincase / front axle location that i suspect is a bearing gone ....never torn apart the chaincase before and would like pictures or a link to a repair manual on it.....thanks in advance

Last edited:

Does anybody on here ever done a 2009 vector chaincase bearing replacement...i have a racheting/ grinding noise coming from the lower chaincase / front axle location that i suspect is a bearing gone ....never torn apart the chaincase before and would like pictures or a link to a repair manual on it.....thanks in advance
There should be plenty of info on the site,but Im not good at navigating it..lol...too old. Ive done rx1s, apexs, etc and its pretty straight forward, even with reverse. Check the pto side as they tend to go occasionally but would give a code as it eats the speed sensor. Never had a chaincase bearing go on any of the pure yamahas.

Back