• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 venture lite not charging battery

Anything is possible. This is how you check the stator.

Stator check.jpg

Also check if any of those stator wires are shorting to ground.

Manual says to check resistances and shorts to ground.

Although it's for 2007, it's pretty much the same.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yimocy4ntmn/2007_Phazer_MANUAL.pdf/file

This video is pretty good showing how to check the stator in the vehicle. I Skipped the part for single phase stators since ours are three phase. You don't need an expensive meter (I have one from Princess Auto), just one that can read resistance Ω

Easiest place to do this is at the voltage regulator connector. It's the three white wires. Just unplug it and do your tests from there.

k so I measured the resistance and got 0.3 all across.
checked for grounding and i got the audible sound across all three.
So..I'm guessing this means its not good correct?

Looks like it's a little out of spec for resistance but if the windings are shorting to ground, it's not good. Just to confirm, you had one probe on ground and the other at each of the three wires?

Looks like it's a little out of spec for resistance but if the windings are shorting to ground, it's not good. Just to confirm, you had one probe on ground and the other at each of the three wires?
Yep. one to ground and the red I put to the three wires. Now my meter doesn't read anything when I do this, I do get a beep. But, we've been driving with the headlight not plugged in and it seems ok...for now. I have ordered a new stator.

Now my meter doesn't read anything when I do this, I do get a beep.

Maybe your meter wasn't in the proper range but the continuity beep pretty much confirms it. There should be nothing to ground. If you ride with it like this, it could get worse and leave you stranded if you don't get enough power to run the ECU. Bring booster cables with you so a buddy could charge up your battery for you.

Sorry for reopening this thread, but did a new stator fix the problem? I’m experiencing the exact issues. 12.6v on fully charged battery while running and at 5000rpm. Unplug the lights and it goes to 14volts even at idle. 0.3ohms across all white stator wires. All have resistance to ground like 2ohms or higher.

There should be nothing to ground so I would say your stator is bad and shorting to ground.

Back