• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Yamaha Nytro Subframe?

YamaMTX said:
Well, no warranty for the subframe! What a joke! Where is the best and cheapest place to get a new 09 subframe?

No sure on where but just an fyi the 2010 subframe is a lot cheaper and supposed to be stronger.

Just saw some poor sap buy an 08 subframe on Ebay for $371!!!!! The 2010 subframe is only .38 cents more at Sports Plaza!

Roest, do you have a link for the 2010 subframe where to buy it? I looked at Sports Plaza but they didn't have any diagrams for the 2010

Thanks

YamaMTX said:
Roest, do you have a link for the 2010 subframe where to buy it? I looked at Sports Plaza but they didn't have any diagrams for the 2010

Thanks

No diagrams there but all the parts listings are below. Tag #1 is the frame P/N 8GL-21940-02-00 for $371.38

I just bent mine last weekend going about 5 mph, I hit a culvert pipe trying to ride along the side of a road with no snow on it. I was trying to keep at least one ski in the snow along the side of the road when I hit the pipe. My sled stopped dead and my chest bounced off the handlebars. Mine is defiantly noticeable, took a big chunk out of my ski where it caught the pipe I hit. My sled still seems to drive straight. Do you think its okay to ride out the season like that? By the way, I thought that was under warranty, I have an 08 leftover thats less than a year old. I guess it wont hurt to call the dealer and ask.

You could try, but the result of the bent frame was due to an impact, so I'd guess no warranty.

You might get away with riding it as is for the season, but you will be constantly looking at it and worrying about it bending further to the point where the shock will rub against the A arm. Plus, you won't be riding it like you had intended to when you bought the sled. It's no fun when you can't push your sled for the fun factor.

I say repair it, or replace it.

The guy at sports plaza doesn't think there were any changes between 2009 and 2010 There was no part number change he said. Just FYI

YamaMTX said:
The guy at sports plaza doesn't think there were any changes between 2009 and 2010 There was no part number change he said. Just FYI

There was a part number change.
2008 8GL-21940-00-00
2009 8GL-21940-01-00 $460
2010 8GL-21940-02-00 $371

Price change as well.

YamaMTX said:
I guess he doesn't know what he was talking about then or didn't look close enough. Thanks!
Its plain as day when you look it up in the parts catalog......other than the fact that they don't have the diagrams. Whats up with that?!!

Back