• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 End of the Apex ??

sled

I have a inside funny feeling you will see a factory apex with a supercharger that puts out around 170 hp. Yes the engine will live as long as a stocker. Were only talking 3psi of boost. Now take the apex at 150 hp and this thing rocks set up right and give it another 20 hp. Now were talking. On the trails this would be a blast.

Yamaha will make a factory supercharger before a turbo. turbos work great(dad has his third turbo rx1) and had a apex with supercharger. supercharger has zero lag and runs cooler. also is a simpler concept in my opinion ( dad went back to turbo cuz he made it have 380hp and he got a good coin for apex)

I would agree that it would be a S/C. It is much more predicable and easier to tune. Also look, they are already running S/C on the big waverunners. I have 2 of them in the shed. (FX SHO's) They really run sweet! Wish they would put those 1812cc S/C motors in the sleds, then they would have their 200+ HP motors.

copo427ss said:
the apex dbII will be around for a while as that is the new platform for the vector ltx. look it up. they just stuffed the 3 banger in it. we will get a 4 hole apex.
This is the 3rd season for the Vector in this chassis, I have one!

radianguy said:
copo427ss said:
the apex dbII will be around for a while as that is the new platform for the vector ltx. look it up. they just stuffed the 3 banger in it. we will get a 4 hole apex.
This is the 3rd season for the Vector in this chassis, I have one!
i didnt know this. snotrax was making a big stink about this sled being in the apex ltx chassis that i thought they just did this with the new motor.

whitedust1 said:
journeyman said:
whitedust1 said:
journeyman said:
My resouces are telling me of a turbo finally coming out. I hope so.......
Naw aftermarket has it covered & Yam does not have to warranty Turbo.

My resource involves R&D........they have one, I know that much.

Yep R&D bought from aftermarket not difficult heck Poo can do it.lol Turbo or SC would be cool but only if you want much more than 150HP. Nytro dynos at 138, 4 holer 150hp so if you go turbo you must want 180 to 200+ ponies min or no point to do it. Then you have to ask where can a rider use 180 -200 ponies?? Seems straight line or mountain would be useful but not on trail.Turbo or SC much harder on engine so look for an all new engine if you want Turbo or SC. Yam engines very solid & if they add Turbo or SC to current engines it is saying Ok everybody just add this Turbo or SC to your sled noooooooooo problem. Turbo or SC will have to mean all new engine no other way from biz point of view.

If they are built right the turbo or super charger would not be hard on the engine. Look at some of the turbo'ed four banger sports cars or diesels, granted the diesel engine structure is way beefier than the gassers. I think a 200 hp factory turbo or SC built to run 6-8 lbs of boost on 91 octane would be doable and reliable on a Yamaha engine. As a mountain rider I still prefer the Apex to the Nytro chassis. I would prefer an Apex MTX in the 180-200 hp range, Pro Mountain Air rear suspension, a little more travel in the front end, lighter seat, relocated the battery of lighter one from the factory, stiffer track maybe even a single ply, lose the wheels, factory scratchers, one piece molded dash and they would have a winner in my book....

i dont the apex or nytro will leave the line up either(like someone else said) they are still selling well (around here anyway) i could see yamaha up dating the phazer tho... the r6 motor in it would be awesome!!!!!!!!!! it would be a 600 and be in the 120 hp line-up. and a 4 stroke oviously, and it would rev to 16000/18000!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would probly buy that sled

yamahahaha said:
i dont the apex or nytro will leave the line up either(like someone else said) they are still selling well (around here anyway) i could see yamaha up dating the phazer tho... the r6 motor in it would be awesome!!!!!!!!!! it would be a 600 and be in the 120 hp line-up. and a 4 stroke oviously, and it would rev to 16000/18000!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would probly buy that sled
How long do you think a snowmobile clutch will hold up to 16,000 RPM?? Not gonna happen!

If you want a ditch banger, with no wind protection, and really scary handling the nitro is for you.

I love my apex.

Why are they changing the Nytro suspension every year, while the apex is almost the same since 06?

gun nut said:
If you want a ditch banger, with no wind protection, and really scary handling the nitro is for you.

I love my apex.

Why are they changing the Nytro suspension every year, while the apex is almost the same since 06?

Because to keep up with the other big 3 they need a sled with something new to keep poeple looking.

Back