• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 End of the Apex ??

G Force

Here are some pictures showing particularities of the Lamtrac/G-Force One transmission.
The snowmobile has two separate transmissions. The primary is a normal sled transmission with pulleys, a belt and a chain case.
When the sled approaches top speed, the driver engages the direct drive transmission. The direct drive has a gear ratio about 10% faster than the primary transmission.
The direct drive purpose is mainly for reliability issues as the sled will be maxed for about 3 miles. There also should be less mechanical friction/slippage/worries than a conventional belt system. The same group of people that have developed the "Yamahacharger" forced air induction for your production sled.

Attachments

• 6 Direct drive transmission..jpg
    6 Direct drive transmission..jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 7 Pulleys and direct drive disposition.jpg
    7 Pulleys and direct drive disposition.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 8 Direct drive shifting mechanism.jpg
    8 Direct drive shifting mechanism.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 113

The motor testing they already have through years testing race bikes, they would only have money invested sled set up ,and lighter parts for the new sled, the apex only really needs an improvment in ski pressure & weight right now ;)!

rightarm said:
radianguy said:
yamahahaha said:
i dont the apex or nytro will leave the line up either(like someone else said) they are still selling well (around here anyway) i could see yamaha up dating the phazer tho... the r6 motor in it would be awesome!!!!!!!!!! it would be a 600 and be in the 120 hp line-up. and a 4 stroke oviously, and it would rev to 16000/18000!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would probly buy that sled
How long do you think a snowmobile clutch will hold up to 16,000 RPM?? Not gonna happen!

the G-force guys use a hydraulic primary system as there primary runs off the crank, spiningn the motor and clutches to full song.So it is happening.
Sorry, a traditional snowmobile clutch would not hold up!

All of this new technology comes with a price. If this were to find it's way to Yamaha you could expect the price to increase alot, just look at how the price of the Vector soared when they put the FI motor in it. JMO!

All new from the ground up, body style halfway between apex & nitro ;)! Now did we get the 04-05 5 valve or the newer 4 valve r1 motor ? :o|

I'm hearing power steering and rider forward-more like the Nytro.

Check my post on the CDN Blog... Apparently this new sled (he says it's a stocker) is faster then the then the Yamahacharged Apex..... Not by much, but it was.... Looks to be runner and should be pushing out a good number for hp if this is true...

SledFreak said:
Check my post on the CDN Blog... Apparently this new sled (he says it's a stocker) is faster then the then the Yamahacharged Apex..... Not by much, but it was.... Looks to be runner and should be pushing out a good number for hp if this is true...

where did he say all this?.....this sounds AWESOME!

Dan

It would be a better sled all around (speed & handling) or he wouldn't have taken the (new) stock sled out against yamacharger apex on supertraxs ride day

xracer said:
It would be a better sled all around (speed & handling) or he wouldn't have taken the stock sled out against yamacharger apex on supertraxs ride day
I agree and he would not have raced a stock Apex against a yamahacharger or he would have mentioned it...

If you look up 06 r1 (right around when they would be designing a new sled) its rated at 175- 183hp at 12500 rpm on 91 octane,minus sum compression to run on 87 octane, would be 170-175 hp ;)!

7 skulls said:
I read that yamablog post too... The "it" is a yamacharger against a stock apex, not the new sled. IMO

I agree......since he talks about posting the photos or video of it,which he cannot do of the new sled.

dan

Back