• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Johny Skeptical Vid

BTW...2 sundays in a row I took out the 3 rear guide wheels on 2 different mono skids, so I guess I'm a little bit sensitive about the "reliability" and am happy to see this addressed. I just wish I'd have known about the new wheels, I just completely rewheeled both sleds with the old crap.

I've been religated to the wifes Phazer GT...I'm finding out you can have a lot of fun on little 500!!! I was really looking for a 2010 tweaner 100hp sled this year with a real seat!!

T-Bone said:
Stu said:
T-Bone said:
The good thing is there is not much traffic on the Yamaha site, so you can navigate quickly.

Ya got anything else you need to get off your chest while you're at it?

Well since you asked! When a 2010 New SNOWMOBILE video is more about characters (Skeptical family and Bunny) than snowmobiles, I think that is a problem. In the past the skeptical series of videos at least showed the sleds and gave some info about the different models with the humor of the Skepticals sprinkled in. This year, they "jumped the shark." Yamaha got away from the original purpose of the videos and that was to introduce the "NEW" sleds. Now I'm not sure what the videos are about other than an opportunity to see Bunny in a snowmobile suit.

Thanks for asking.

You feel better now? (having got that off your chest...)

Stu said:
T-Bone said:
Stu said:
T-Bone said:
The good thing is there is not much traffic on the Yamaha site, so you can navigate quickly.

Well since you asked! When a 2010 New SNOWMOBILE video is more about characters (Skeptical family and Bunny) than snowmobiles, I think that is a problem. In the past the skeptical series of videos at least showed the sleds and gave some info about the different models with the humor of the Skepticals sprinkled in. This year, they "jumped the shark." Yamaha got away from the original purpose of the videos and that was to introduce the "NEW" sleds. Now I'm not sure what the videos are about other than an opportunity to see Bunny in a snowmobile suit.

Thanks for asking.

Surprisingly...not really especially since it is to be around 60 degrees today with next to no snow left on the ground :o|

While I too was disappointed in the 2010's, I do understand that Snowmobiles are a very very small part of Yamaha over all and the economy, well.... sucks right now, So I can understand since cash is tight they decided to correct the problems or issues with the perfectly Great sleds they have now.

Yamaha Might be saving money this year to be able to change snowmobile history next year... Kinda like they did with the RX1.

But A Supercharged/Turbo'd Nytro motor in a Nytro frame long track and short with a different name might have quieted the masses and wouldn't have cost any where near the new model cost of "200 million" as quoted by someone on TY

06R

I watched it and thought it had some funny parts. "Didn't you fill up this morning?" "Yeah, I rode 87 miles today!"

There wasn't a lot on the sleds because there wasn't much to talk about. I'm happy they didn't make big changes. That just means my Nytro didn't become obsolete. If I choose, I can upgrade my '08 to '10 specs so that's pretty cool. I'm not happy that prices went up but that's happening with all the OEM's.

Basically for those that aren't happy, do you want to spend $10,000 on a 2 stroke 600 that has real world engine life of under 5000 miles or get a 4 stroke for about the same money and have the engine last longer than the chassis?

here is a little xtra bunny to get you through these tough times ...weather or ?

Aspen%20Red%20Bull%20Party.jpg

RedRX1 said:
to see this addressed. I just wish I'd have known about the new wheels, I just completely rewheeled both sleds with the old crap.

!!

FYI, the wheels are the same ones used on the 09 venture gt, so they have been out this whole season

I don't think Bunny is really that hot,Her nose is just a little to big for me to be honest. Ashley on the other hand,Is HOT as hell!

Attachments

• l_e535fa8fa7962250624991e5b10b396b.jpg
    l_e535fa8fa7962250624991e5b10b396b.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 99
  • l_3e2b09792f1738c1b52168b9938115f8.jpg
    l_3e2b09792f1738c1b52168b9938115f8.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 104
  • l_2a0ae0a53bb74a4ba07c28b174cde1eb.jpg
    l_2a0ae0a53bb74a4ba07c28b174cde1eb.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 99
Ace of Spades said:
Whats up with mods on here cracking down on anything that is negative towards Yamaha?? Most of these posts are honest opinions. What is the difference between an honest opinoin that is negative and one that is positive?

Did you happen to catch the name of the website when you logged on?

The owner, Mr. Sled, goes through the effort to operate and maintain this site because he happens to be a pretty big Yamaha fan. Negativity towards Yamaha tends to make him sad and question why he even bothers to have the site. Many of us have enjoyed this site for years and would hate to see it go away so we get a little protective.

I hope that answers your questions.

hate to break it to ya but your gonna get bashing no matter what. hell i have seen a lot of people bash yamaha. but when it comes down to it thats prolly what they're riding if theyre on here.

SledderSteve said:
Ace of Spades said:
Whats up with mods on here cracking down on anything that is negative towards Yamaha?? Most of these posts are honest opinions. What is the difference between an honest opinoin that is negative and one that is positive?

The owner, Mr. Sled, goes through the effort to operate and maintain this site because he happens to be a pretty big Yamaha fan. Negativity towards Yamaha tends to make him sad and question why he even bothers to have the site. Many of us have enjoyed this site for years and would hate to see it go away so we get a little protective.

I hope that answers your questions.

With no disrespect to you or Mr. Sled, do you know what country we live in? I a'm not sorry for having an opnion and expressing it. I thought that was the purpose of forums. The last tme I checked the good guys continue to beat the bad guys defending our rights and I am not interested in making those that served and are serving today sad and make them question the sacrifces they made.

I hope this helps you understand why people like Ace ask these questions when the fist comes down.

T-Bone said:
With no disrespect to you or Mr. Sled, do you know what country we live in? I a'm not sorry for having an opnion and expressing it.

T-Bone, this is not directed at you, just what you alluded to in your post.

Nothing wrong with having that opinion and expressing it in a public place, TY isn't public though. It's MrSled's playground and he can ask you to leave whenever he wants.

We generally don't have an issue with opinion, as long as that person doesn't go out of their way to crap on every thread in the forum. Posting complaints minus the emotion goes a lot further to productive discussion than outright venting/keyboard diarrhea.

Despite what some of the members may think, a majority of them here on TY appreciate being able to read the forum without having to sift through the BS.

T-Bone said:
With no disrespect to you or Mr. Sled, do you know what country we live in? I a'm not sorry for having an opnion and expressing it. I thought that was the purpose of forums. The last tme I checked the good guys continue to beat the bad guys defending our rights and I am not interested in making those that served and are serving today sad and make them question the sacrifces they made.

I hope this helps you understand why people like Ace ask these questions when the fist comes down.

We live in a country where Mr Sled should have the right to do what he wants on HIS site. Do you want to live in a country where other people can come into your house and arrange your furniture? People fought and died so we could be free.... so that freedom should extend into your house if your logic follows. TY is Mr Sled's house and anybody who doesn't like it can stay the hell out. That is what freedom is about.

T-Bone said:
SledderSteve said:
Ace of Spades said:

Many of us have enjoyed this site for years and would hate to see it go away so we get a little protective.

Well said Steve!
I, myself know what country I live in as I have defended her for people like you and although you do have the right to voice your opinion, There is a time for manners and proper etiquette. Think about that! Did your mother teach you to walk in to a catholic church and proclaim that the Protestants are the right way to live? Why come on TOTALLYAMAHA and rip on thier product? :rocks: Mr.Sled, the Moderators and Yamaha all put time and money into this site, if it is not appreciated by yourself or others why not try....Totallydoo.com, Totallycat.com or totallypolaris.com. :yam:
I liked the video, I have always found them humorous. I also think Yamaha did a good job on thier 2010 sleds! we needed a good mountain sled and F.I. on the Vector motor? that is awesome!
Also, You should watch what you say about the Mods! They have that wondeful DELETE button power and you could be gone for a while. Spoken from someone who knows!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Stu said:
T-Bone said:
Stu said:
T-Bone said:

Thanks for asking.

The theme now is the "Yamaha Advantage".

Number One: In Reliability, Fuel Economy, Low cost of operation, Resale value, Low emissions, and Y.E.S. Warranty coverage... ;)!

Back