• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 price gaps

MMax00

Extreme
I am currently looking at buying a new sled fro 2010. I have bled blue for last 6 years and have friends that love there MTX nytros. The price gap in canada between the Yammies and the two stroke jokes is massive. I can afford to burn down a smoker for the difference in price I don't get it, why the price gap? I know quality and reliablety is part of it but 3000 is a big gap. :4STroke:

I was thinking of a nytro for this year but for the price jump this year it is rediculous.

They better not be expecting to sell a pile of them. 16 large is pretty steep in a strong market and right now extremely steep!!!!! I'm thinking they aren't going to sell very many. Hopefully that will drop the price and close the gap. :die

The price of thier ATVs & SxS went way up this year too.. WTH?
In North central AB they had Grizzly LE priced at nearly $17000.
What part of resecion did Yamaha miss? :o|

My local dealer snowchecked zero sleds this year!
1st time ever & he ain,t the only one. I wonder if Yamaha canada will get the message!!

DS said:
The price of thier ATVs & SxS went way up this year too.. WTH?
In North central AB they had Grizzly LE priced at nearly $17000.
What part of resecion did Yamaha miss? :o|

Holy cow, even last year in Ontario, they were going for 11,000.00 CDN for an LE. I think your dealer is Fu&^%cked up and I don't believe they even say that on the Yamaha web site.

Its fine with me boyz...buy the sled cheap in the states (comes with a much longer warranty) use it for a year..then sell it in Canada for more than what ya paid....the more expensive Yamaha Canada makes them the easier it is to sell them used for profit

(Note: this only works with Yamaha as the other OE have there prices in line with our friends to the south)

Heard it has something to do with how strong the yen is right now and over the past year.Brings their profit margins down i guess. Anyways the stupid price for a new nytro prompted me to snowcheck a new M8 153 sno pro Le. I can't go wrong 3 years warranty, 160+ HP for $13000.New nytro 138 Hp and 70 pounds more for $16000+, it's a no brainer. Hate to go to the green side but them yamaha guys made me do it. :Rockon:

Turk said:
My local dealer snowchecked zero sleds this year!
1st time ever & he ain,t the only one. I wonder if Yamaha canada will get the message!!

my dealer snowchecked zero sleds as well and only ordered 4 total - 2 09's and 2 10's

Daranello said:
Its fine with me boyz...buy the sled cheap in the states (comes with a much longer warranty) use it for a year..then sell it in Canada for more than what ya paid....the more expensive Yamaha Canada makes them the easier it is to sell them used for profit

(Note: this only works with Yamaha as the other OE have there prices in line with our friends to the south)

Veeeerrrry interesting...something to consider for the next time, IF (and it's a big if) I consider a Yammy the next time.

I have bled blue as well for severial years till this one. But I bought "other" brand quads and sleds this year for the simple reason that the price gap is huge. You get far more bang for your buck with other brands.......... I upgrade when the WARRANTY is over, so I am not looking for a 30k mile sled. I just want a good product for a reasonable price.

Alberta prices are always higher than anywhere in Canada. We get screwed over on goods because of the higher wages. Been trying to get the wife to move to Newfoundland. If I work in Alberta and live there I could have two of everthing.

I know the prices are higher guys, but I also look at it like this. If we really want to compare apples to apples lets look at an '09 153" MTX vs. a 2010 Nytro 153" SE. Price Gap between the two retail to retail is $13,799 (2009) to $15,849 (2010) So basically $2000 bucks more. Now look at the upgrades they did. To make a 2009 Nytro comparable to the 2010 your going to need to throw a timbersled rear skid in and fox float shox. Granted the fox floats on the front are maybe unecessary for some, but i know my timbersled kit(using stock rails at the time) cost me about $2200 Canadian, (if you want Ice age Rails your gonna need a new axle and 8" wheels, another $500 gone down the drain.) Fox Floats $600ish and viola! You have a 2010 Nytro.

I have a 2009 Nytro MTX with Timbersled and Fox floats up front and in Feb. 2009 i spent quite some time riding the 2010 Nytro SE 162" going back and forth between it and mine and they were extremely similar, it was scary/maddening considering all the time and money i put into making my '09 better. I believe the 2010 Nytro is not really out of line price wise considering the changes they have made. I have never had as much interest and as many deposits on a snowmobile as the nytro 162" has gotten this year. Despite the price, what we as a consumer are getting is a far superior product than 2009 and the peace of mind of a completely stock Nytro with great suspension vs. a chopped up 2009 Nytro with a timbersled for a similar price makes it a pretty easy decision in my mind. Then theres also the small changes they made such as the new A-arms, no sway bar, tapered tunnel, way better running boards, ice scratchers, better idler wheels etc. Those things may seem small and only be $50 bucks here $100 there, but it all adds up. How many guys with 2009's put Betterboards or Snow Eliminators on that would now probably not need to? I'm not saying a 2010 Nytro is better than an '09 with Timbersled and so on, but its pretty close to the point where i woulda had a hard time telling the difference if i was blindfolded. The 2010 Nytro is headed in the right direction and is a great sled, and they will sell well IMO. Just some food for thought. :) At the end of the day all i can say is... :yam: :Rockon:

Back