• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 RS Vector- Duallies or longer Carbides?

Mike E

I have a 2012 with a ice-ripper track and I'm ready to replace the stock carbides. It does dart, sometimes bad enough to make me uncomfortable. My question is would I be better off with 6 inch duallies or 8 inch singles.

Thanks
Mike

My vote would be for Bergstrom Triple points and shim the ski rubber. I had great luck with there carbides I put 4000 miles on them and they looked great . Sold them to a friend 2 seasons ago and he is still running them !
They are expensive but worth it.

Just go and buy some sno-trackers and all your darting problems will be solved.

Woodies Dualies have worked very well for me. I have been considering the Ice Ripper Track. Are you satisfied with your Ice Ripper Track?

Mike E said:
I have a 2012 with a ice-ripper track and I'm ready to replace the stock carbides. It does dart, sometimes bad enough to make me uncomfortable. My question is would I be better off with 6 inch duallies or 8 inch singles.

Thanks
Mike

8 " singles likely will Dart like crazy.

6" Studboy Deuce bars or maybe even 4" if the sled is a shorty, will not dart but will push a bit and knock off a little top end speed. Deuce bars are better than Woody's Duelys IMHO.

Semi Aggressive Sno Trackers are the best solution I have found other than they chew the hell out of certain Ski Guides in a trailer. They don't dart, don't knock off speed, they rail on the trail and they self sharpen.

Best money I ever spent on a sled other than boost and it costs way more.

As I've never tried the Snotrackers and have only run Woody's Doolies for 14,000 miles, I vote for the 4" or 6" Doolies. Length of carbide will depend on how much ski pressure you have the chassis set to and studs if any (forgot if you mentioned studs or not). I typically get at least 4000 miles on a set depending on conditions. I want to try Woody's Slim Jim's but would have to order them....maybe next time.

How much USD are a set of Snowtrackers?

I have run them all, and by far snotrackers are the best in all conditions.

Just put on a set of aggressive SnowTrackers and don't look back or worry about what the next guy is doing. Just go ride, you won't be disappointed.

What type of rider are you. If just out for a pleasure cruise then doolies are all yoiu would need. If you like to rail the corners then spend the $$ on Snowtrackers.
I've had 4" 6" 8" singles, doolies, Bergstromm triples, shims and Snowtrackers. The aggressive Snowtrackers are by far the best handling carbide that I have found for my style of riding. Zero darting, no push in the corners and they make the front end feel lighter which means no sore shoulders after a 300 mile ride.

Nothing is as important as making sure your front end alignment is spot on.

Without proper toe in/out, no matter what you run, you will still have issues if your alignment isn't correct.

APEX 06 said:
For about 100 bucks more you could add the Yamaha Tuner Skis that stop a lot of the issues.

apex 06 do you have these? wondering the difference in cornering/push vs a dual runner on the stock ski? I have an 08 vector ltx gt with 4" carbide dualies and it was a huge improvement vs stock single but still get a little push but the darting is gone. debating when it is time to replace the dualies if I will go with the new tuner skis...?

I have the Ice Ripper with 6" Woody Doolys and I'm happy with that set up. Used to have single carbides and the Doolys made a big difference.

has anyone noticed significant drag with the dualies, snowtrackers, Bergstrom Triple points etc which has been tried to correct darting? Aftermarket skis vs stock Yamaha ones? Any real difference noticed?

Back