• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 RS Vector- Duallies or longer Carbides?

Woody's duallys worked awesome for my Attak and 2010 Vector LTX...use the 8in carbides..tracks are studded with 102 studs each

ok great, thanks for the info. This 05 vector was a terrible ride on the weekend

I have a 2012 with a ice-ripper track and I'm ready to replace the stock carbides. It does dart, sometimes bad enough to make me uncomfortable. My question is would I be better off with 6 inch duallies or 8 inch singles.

Thanks
Mike

Snow trackers period had them on my last vector...Then jack up the front of your sled and take off all the tension on your two front springs ,and then put a little tension on the springs and then go one turn and it will rail around the corners and no ski lift.

ok great, thanks for the info. This 05 vector was a terrible ride on the weekend

Ask 10 people you'll get 10 different opinions. Now you're worried about drag? As they say on TV...C'mon Man!

Ask 10 people you'll get 10 different opinions. Now you're worried about drag? As they say on TV...C'mon Man!

yes i know, but experience from people is better than me buying and trying 5 different methods to try and rectify a 14k sled that should never of had an issue to begin with. Yes i know i dragged this on, and with the commments it sounds like i now know the direction to take which is appreciated from you all.

...... a 14k sled that should never of had an issue to begin with.

You my friend have MUCH to learn about snowmobiles! :)

IMO - for a newbie sledder, Snowtrackers should be you're 3rd option. Duece Bars or Woody's are 1/2, 2/1....can't go wrong either way.

You my friend have MUCH to learn about snowmobiles! :)

IMO - for a newbie sledder, Snowtrackers should be you're 3rd option. Duece Bars or Woody's are 1/2, 2/1....can't go wrong either way.

yes, apparently i see that. Thats where i need you experienced guys to help. I came from the old school sleds to this....... apparently this is a big curve for me at the moment on setup.

Just quit messing around and get the snowtrackers and ride the sled you will be happy!!!

He's not messing around, he's just over analyzing is all. :) I just don't think ST's are for newbies who don't know how to properly set up the front end toe and shim.

But that's me.....WTF do I know!!! LOL!!

WE NEED SNOW !!!!! LOL . From reading about the Snowtrackers the Semi Aggressive aren't so critical on getting the ski's perfectly straight. Now if you go Aggressive one's then yes. I think Snow trackers are the simplest bet for a good ride ! and the steering becomes much lighter ! which is a big benefit for twisty trails and long rides. I have tried many different ski's and carbides. If you want cheap? look up the Half pipe mod and just go with that with your regular carbides.

ski-slp-carbidekeel.jpg
you can make them very cheap and they work!!

Another pic.
slt.jpg
Cut a 1.5"dia. pipe in half after marking where the bolts for carbides are . Round up both ends and install on Keel like shown. They last for many miles and improve darting very cheaply.

DGZRT is correct skis strait, and also no sloppy bushings. I have started to shim mine because front was wearing much more, might just be my rubbers are getting weak or warn. Like the Cheap Corrector Blade be something to run at the start of the season!!

I have a 2012 with a ice-ripper track and I'm ready to replace the stock carbides. It does dart, sometimes bad enough to make me uncomfortable. My question is would I be better off with 6 inch duallies or 8 inch singles.

Thanks
Mike
I also have a 2012 Vector. If you have the original single keel skis go with snowtrackers. I ended up with Curves and slim jim duallies and they are great.

There are tons of opinions... however I think we can all agree on some straight facts.

1. Alignment is the number one priority. It is relatively easy to do an alignment and get spot on toe in/out. All you need is a measuring tape and some rope.

Personal example: my SRX was darting and tracking badly a few years back. Did a quick alignment and it is still perfect.

2. Dual carbides/snowtrackers are night and day compared to the stock single.

Personal example: My vector was borderline dangerous with darting/ski lift. Put a pair of dual carbides and it's like a sports car. No darting at all, easy steering, no noticeable pushing.

Back