• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 XTX where have you been all my life

thor452

Because I can
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex XTX 2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE
well i got a new one today and put on the first 100 miles wow all i can say is they got it right. my question is do i need to do anything to it or can i run it bone stock I dont think i need to change anything yet. :jump:

950 kms on mine, 6" deuce bars, 114 studs.I have just adjusted suspension springs and rear clicker.Very impressed so far, seems to be better on fuel than my 2011 128 apex er, seems to roll easier. The long track and xtx suspension much better on rough trails, does not bottom out as easy as the monoshock.No issues with slider wear yet.

some guys have been having slide wear issues... watch them you may need the yamaha kit or excell x wheels otherwise enjoy!

The new skis DO NOT eliminate darting. You need to install either bergstrom triple points or snow trackers. I use both depending if bergstrom answers his phone. I thought the 2012 XTX was a little stiff compared to my 2011 XTX. I rode both today and they are both set to "M" in the rear.

Enjoy..I'm jealous. Yami makes a nice machine. I've had such good luck all my Yamis. My friends with their cat's,etc. have had issues I've seen and I've had none in 8 years. Maybe 2 bent wheels in 8k on my Attak,9k on our Vmax's. Wifes Vector has only 2500 so too early to tell but I doubt any problems with it's heritage of engineering leading up to it.

yes i have seen a little darting and she dont dig in as well in the front as my gt did with doolies i have a new set of 6 inch double downs i may just put them on not enuff snow to open trails here at home so may be a bit till i get to try her again man i love that power steering. cant beleve the diffrence in power from the 07 and the instant response of the throtle. and the way that xtx handles like a short track on the trail but hit that throtle and away you go hooks up like a dream.

Super Sled said:
Sweet bud, put up some pics of the new ride!!!!
every time i try to post a pic on here it says its to big of a file and stops me is there a setting on your cam that you use for posting on here?

Open photo with microsoft office picture manager,once open go to edit pics, click on compress picture settings, now chose Web pages and click OK, smaller version of picture will appear, click File save as, create new name for photo and save, now close picture manager, it will ask if you want to save changes to original picture, click NO.
You will now have two pictures in the file, the original for photo printing and one reduced in size with the new name you have given it. It is now small enough for emails and posting to the web.

Couldn't agree more about this sled! Just wished i hadn't spent so much on my Attak trying to get it to where this one is with nothing. Enjoy!

Wozy said:
Couldn't agree more about this sled! Just wished i hadn't spent so much on my Attak trying to get it to where this one is with nothing. Enjoy!
RIGHT!?! :yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Back