• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

chris-crocker-cries.jpg

Leave the Phazer RTX Alone Please…. !

Why not make a 600 2 stroke,Make it compete with the XP. If Skidoo can call Yamaha out about making 4 strokes then come out with their own then Yamaha can do the same with a 2 stroke

The phazer has to be next on the updating list. Yamaha needs something for the low $ buyer. I don't think the phazer is low cost. Yamaha needs something in the $6000 to $7000 range. Its a fun little sled but its old and its time is up.

i love this time of year so many romours flying around, then in late febuary all we hear is whining about who did or didnt do certain things, cant wait!

420ATTAK said:
i love this time of year so many romours flying around, then in late febuary all we hear is whining about who did or didnt do certain things, cant wait!

Very low exspectations for 2012. Lower prices would be a good thing.

A guy at my dealer told me that the Yamaha sales rep said their target audience is the rich guy with the Cadillac is his garage who spends thousands on gear and accessories. That irritated my dealer, located in a fairly poor rural area. Anyway, that leads me to believe that Yamaha's focus is on the upper end sleds like the Apex and Vector. That could indicate that the Phazer may not be a priority.

whitedust1 said:
420ATTAK said:

Very low exspectations for 2012. Lower prices would be a good thing.

Lower prices are NOT likely to happen. The way the US is devaluing the dollar, prices are going to be higher in the US, not lower. Experts are talking about $3.75 gal gas by April!

redrx1rkt said:
A guy at my dealer told me that the Yamaha sales rep said their target audience is the rich guy with the Cadillac is his garage who spends thousands on gear and accessories. That irritated my dealer, located in a fairly poor rural area. Anyway, that leads me to believe that Yamaha's focus is on the upper end sleds like the Apex and Vector. That could indicate that the Phazer may not be a priority.

This is true slow dimes vs fast nickles but does not bode well for the rider that comes in on entry level sled then starts moving up thru the line up. Yam is what is I guess. Looking elsewhere too pricey in 2011 $15K MSRP for Apex SE. Never pay that new maybe look for used don't know see how sleds are priced in 2012?

PureBlue said:
ahamay said:
would like to see that phazer engine in a wide track. Yamaha needs to put more focus on their wide tracks, right now they have nothing to compete with. Also would like to see the Bravo updated or another entry level machine intorduced.
just take the venture lite and make it a 121in instead of a 144in, you got your cruser sled

Maybe I'm missing something, but how would a shortened VL be any different than the Phazer??

On another note, if Yamaha is as good as claimed why are they always playing catch-up? But if the comment on catering to Cadillac guys is true, well that would partially explain it. Snowmobiles are already in a very small market compared with other recreational products, so that type of elite marketing approach puts it into an even smaller market. If that is true, then they don't care to compete with Ski-doo and the others.

Personally I like the VL - it needs better quality suspension, frontend, skis, and rear handwarmers; however, the utility features (large carrying capacity and towing torque) are worth keeping.

I also agree that a more rideable entry level sled is needed.

I dont believe the Cadillac thing unless they gave up.Yamaha has made lots of changes to the Phazer since 07.All improvements.Why would they do all that and just forget about that segment?

Playing catch up it all relative. At least one of the other 3 manufactures has been paying Yamaha for emissions credits (2012 will be the end to emission credits by the EPA I believe). Emissions is big part of the game. I deal with it everyday at work (with diesels). I can only hope Yamaha has been hard at work the past few years to bring snowmobiling to a whole new level in the next year or two.

dilligaf said:
Playing catch up it all relative. At least one of the other 3 manufactures has been paying Yamaha for emissions credits (2012 will be the end to emission credits by the EPA I believe). Emissions is big part of the game. I deal with it everyday at work (with diesels). I can only hope Yamaha has been hard at work the past few years to bring snowmobiling to a whole new level in the next year or two.

Ah, one thing I can say for Yamaha owners we never lose hope! I have heard the same line on here for three years now (haha), so this could be the year or maybe next.....

On a side note regarding were Yamaha is currently with their sleds IMO. Out on the trails, I've noticed our group of 4 Yamaha's (our ages range from 46 to 50) very rarely get passed. I consistently see the 'hot' sleds parked at the bars as we drive by. I can ride our typical 250-300 mile day and feel no 'stress' like I use to get from my buzzy, louder, stinky, gas sucking, oil consuming 2-smoke (the Etek I know has solved some of this). No more rebuilding the top-end at 5k miles. We haven't pulled anyone off of the trail since the last 2-stroke in our group disassembled itself on the trail 2 years ago (knock on wood). At this point, I feel like we're ahead of the game. But, maybe I'm just living in a bubble. Can't wait to leave work and go for my weekly Friday night ride from home.

Back