• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 Turbo Nytro ND Build

rlcofmn said:
Absolutely, the OFT Turbos came about to give my customers the best components to there turbo kits at a great price. As most could assume it is a rear mount for many reasons to include even exhaust pulses to your turbo, allow the engine to remove the heat to keep cylinder temps down, cool charge temps with out the need for additional inter coolers and obviously the heat/weight is best back there. I am using Garrett Ball bearing turbos, sized right for the situation to get extremely fast spool up making these sleds a blast in the technical terrain as well as still providing enough boost for the high altitude compensation. Fueling is done by the PCV PTi units that have proven to be extremely consistent day after day requiring no tuning by the consumer. The tuning is my job, not yours!

The tunnel looks great!! Looking forward to more pictures!

Rick Coffman

Awesome!! And thanks the tunnel does look awesome. Can't wait for the kit to come even tho there's a lot of summer left :o|

rlcofmn said:
Absolutely, the OFT Turbos came about to give my customers the best components to there turbo kits at a great price. As most could assume it is a rear mount for many reasons to include even exhaust pulses to your turbo, allow the engine to remove the heat to keep cylinder temps down, cool charge temps with out the need for additional inter coolers and obviously the heat/weight is best back there. I am using Garrett Ball bearing turbos, sized right for the situation to get extremely fast spool up making these sleds a blast in the technical terrain as well as still providing enough boost for the high altitude compensation. Fueling is done by the PCV PTi units that have proven to be extremely consistent day after day requiring no tuning by the consumer. The tuning is my job, not yours!

The tunnel looks great!! Looking forward to more pictures!

Rick Coffman

Is there a standard kit cost or are these all custom builds?

They are custom built units for the situation. For example, Matt's will be built to be sure the Skinz seat will work. But the base Kit is $4395.00. Clutching, gauges and accessory's are extra. I do also have a couple MPI units to retail for $3995, the price on these will go up to $4295 next season.

It's a PTi unit configured as I have ran for the past two seasons and utilizing the fuel map I developed last season for stock compression engines.

PTI unit

So Rick,
Can you give us some pricing/kit details on the PTI system you mentioned?
Also, does OFT have a turbo mounting bracket/oil catch can that you can sell seperate from the complete custom kits you are now producing?

Thanks,
Kope

The PTi unit sells for retail of $449.00 plus $10 for the weld on bung. This obviously includes the fuel map and technical assistance as needed.

I can make as much or as little as you'd like, it would probably be easiest to sell the header to turbo fitting as well since it works with the same turbo placement as the mount. Email me, Rick@OFTRacing.com we can make it happen.

Here is my avid drivers and rear suspension. Shocks revolved and rebuilt by pioneer.

Attachments

• 13673667099060.jpg
    13673667099060.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 125
  • 13673667387891.jpg
    13673667387891.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 151
Sorry guys haven't had time or the drive to work on my sled lately. I'm still waiting for a few parts and I'll have to get going again.

But any way I have a question for those of of you who have had issues with your oil tanks. How long do the generally last? I just don't like problems to occur in the field so I'm trying to minimize the possabilitly of a problem. And I like buying things haha ;)

Epoxy the lower bungs like I have done (see my build thread) and they will last forever. No need to spend money on an aftermarket tank.

Ya I saw you did that I thought about that as well. What epoxy did you use? And how did u get it so nice and smooth?

Personally I have had two tanks crack the bottom bung as addressed but also I have had two tanks have the mounts tear off causing large leaks. I have had multiple customers put holes in the thin stock tanks. But I have had 3 seasons of abuse on my TS fab HD tank, they are deffenitly built to withstand the abuse we put these sleds through. Looking forward to him coming out with a Apex tank so my apex with quit oiling my trailer floor.

;)!

yzviper366 said:
Ya I saw you did that I thought about that as well. What epoxy did you use? And how did u get it so nice and smooth?

3M2216. This stuff is great. If you let it set up awhile before applying it, it won't want to run as much. I kept rotating the tank every 15 minutes to keep it flowing where I wanted. You can clean up the edges with Acetone (while its not setup) just don't use too much.

Back