• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 yamahas...chill out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heritage

Expert
I cant believe some comments I am reading....seriously...buy something u like, if u hate yami.
Have u noticed that most of the people complaining are nytro owners?? For the life of me... I will never understand
why somebody would buy a 4 stroke for ditch bangin, or powder riding....when the competition makes much lighter, better sleds for that application.
You need to ask ur self what are the three most important
things I need out of a snowmobile...and then buy the sled that matches ur needs best.

Yamaha does that for me...good fuel economy, reliability, and performance....truth be told...the attak is too fast for me and what I do....my next sled will be a vector...which is a great trail sled. How many vector owners do u see complaining about the 2013 models??
Yamaha does not suck....they make some great trail sleds.
They just may not be for u and your type of riding.

Btw....the two worst snowmobiles I have ridden are the nytro rtx, and the ski doo x package...both were too stiff for me, both were cold riding...neither one was for me.
But I digress...i am a middle aged trail rider...so those sleds dont meet my core needs.

Can I ask you a question and I'm not trying to flame or start a fight. Why do you care that people are upset? Most people who are upset simply want to stick with Yamaha but feel there isn't a sled in the lineup that meets there needs. When you switch brands everything changes. for instance I had a great relationship with Kevin at Port Yamaha. I trusted I would always be taken care of when I ordered parts. Well I ride a Cat now and I don't have a relationship with a Cat dealer like I did with Kevin. When You make a brand change all your brand specialty tools have to be replaced. Snowmobile are snowmobiles but after many years of working on a Yamaha you have to learn how to wrench on a new brand. Things like clutches and suspensions are different. I had a entire tool box filled with performance parts I could use on any Yamaha. Now I had to start from scratch with this new sled. Many people wear brand specific gear. That all has to be replaced. It's not as simple as you want to make it.

Yamaha has been building this same platform since 2008 now. The tweaks to a couple models don't cut it anymore.

I totally agree with you 100%!! Yamaha has a great product and I will never buy anything else! That's a great post and I'm glad someone started it!

We nytro riders want something to compete with the other 3 from YAMAHA cuz we want to stay loyal!dont bash us cuz we think it needs to be seriously updated. If i wanted somthing lighter i would be on a doo but i love my nytro and wont be switching brands anytime soon and the engine is by far the best 4 stroke. i dont have the $$ for a new ride but when im ready for a new one id like to see yamaha competeing with the other 3. Im still holding out hope they will put that race kit frt end into production (and make it affordable-HINT TO YAMAHA-skinz kit is over 1000 bucks im sure you could come up with something to sell us for that price). i hear its the real deal. If yamaha doesnt want to make it then i guess some of us will have to jump ship but id rather not...

It's just getting tougher and tougher for Yamaha riders to stick to the brand when all three other companies are coming out with these new radical, sleek looking machines. On top of that, the amount of research Yamaha has put forth in sled design is no where to be found when compared to the other three brands. The last game changer Yamaha had was the EPS, but loyal costumers/riders need something more than just that.

Just my 2 cents :yam:

Heritage said:
You are answering your own question, kind of. The trail cruisers are great, but the ditch bangers and the powder sleds are being left behind by the competition, more and more every year. This is the reason why FX Nytro owners are bitching. They want to be brand loyal, but they feel they are running out of options with Yamaha...

Alatalo said:
Heritage said:
You are answering your own question, kind of. The trail cruisers are great, but the ditch bangers and the powder sleds are being left behind by the competition, more and more every year. This is the reason why FX Nytro owners are bitching. They want to be brand loyal, but they feel they are running out of options with Yamaha...

Gotta a agree I have an 03 rx1 Mnt sled that I used to run 50/50 trail, off trail. I have moved to a different area of the province that doesn't have any groomed trials. I'm really feeling the weight of the old RX1. I'm thinking of upgrading to a nytro but from what I've read I would be putting on the concept front end along with a number of other products. I figured it would cost me about 3000-4000 in aftermarket parts. I really want to stay with Yamaha but for the riding I'm doing I'm just not sure I can. Still not sure what I'm going to do.

Alatalo said:
Heritage said:

Agreed, and from from what I hear from a guy with some inside info, they have new mountain products they are just not releasing and the reason was because they didn't have 10,000 miles on that product so they won't release it. I am headed out with the guy tomorrow to give a prototype T-Nytro MTX out be he is not even sure it will be released this year. What is crazy is that Yamaha is such a huge company with so many more monitary resources that the other three (with Bombardier maybe tied or in second) that they should be able to be a leader in every segment if they wanted too...

Why do I care??? Well...for one...I have ridden Yamaha (on and off) for the past 40 plus years..I am a loyal Yamaha fan, and don't like all the crap I have been reading on here lately...To me it's really simple...no reason to get into a pissin match....RIDE WHAT YOU LIKE...WHAT SUITS you...if yamaha didn't make what I want/need...I'd be elsewhere, and have already done that....I have owned all four brands...they all break down..yes even yamaha...BUT some break down more than others...for me...My cats always fell apart...bolts coming lose, shocks blowing out..minor stuff...but annoying...my ski doos held together better...BUT...I blew up more ski-doos than any other brand I have owned...pistons, cylinders, and rings ....even stator problems. My yamahas have had their share of minor problems too....BUT NEVER left me stranded....I can honestly say I have never been towed home on any yamaha I have owned...my last doo, and my last cat both got towed...embarassing...had enough...went back to yamaha.

As far as dealers go...I have three very good yamaha dealers within a 100 mile radious...and it is one of the reasons for me to buy blue.

The point of my post is....Yamaha has never wavered from their core values in 40 years (reliability, and dependability)...SO WHY DOES IT SURPRISE YOU PEOPLE...when they won't put out a "light weight" POS like another company will...Or put out a factory supercharged/ turboed sled that is gonna cost over $18,000....Would you pay that for a snowmobile???..How many of those do you think yamaha will sell???
Some of you just don't understand how they think in japan....they don't put out junk. You can pick on yamaha's ride and handling...even the weight (all 4 strokes are heavy, don't let the competition fool you their's are heavy too compared to their two strokes)...but anybody with half a brain knows that yamaha's motors are top notch.

I wouldn't have gave up what you gave up to go to cat....Is it really that much better?? In the long run I doubt it...I will sacrifice a little extra weight, handling, and a bit worse of a ride to have reliability, and durability
I guess you can't....so you went cat...switching dealers along the way...been there, done that...learned my lesson.

Who says they have to change platforms every 5 years??

BTW....IMO..neither cat or doo's four stroke appeal to me...they both sound like lawn tractors, and do not have the throttle response of any yami 4 stroke...and I don't care how much lighter, faster, better handling p etc...people claim they are.

I have to agree, strickly trail sleds I'd see NO reason to leave Yamaha. Ditchbang, boondocking, mountain guys DO need something new. I love my phazer but it needs a serious kick in the HP department. If they bumped up the phazer to 105-110hp, set it up with a 136" freeride, find a guy that knows how to valve shocks, and keep the wieght under 500# they would have a great ditchbang/boondocking sled that would directly compete with the cat 1100NA and the rumored skidoo "bigger ace" . The Only thing the current Nytro has over the Phazer is a boatload of power. Hell, I went to by a Nytro XTX and came home with my Phazer MTX a few years ago because I just didn't need that much power and the phazer handled so much better and was sooooo easy to flick around in powder.

Yamaha wins the groomed trail segment hands down. Weight doesn't matter on solid snow. Whoever thinks Yamaha is the greatest thing since sliced bread obviously doesn't ride them "out there". In these parts there are very few blue machines in the backcountry and for good reason. People who bought them thinking they would perform well because Yamaha marketed them that way were sorely disappointed and now they can't give them away. Most of the people that love the engine reliability and durability of these sleds are riding them on groomed trails in relatively flat conditions. The guys out west and on the west coast of Newfoundland require a sled that can do it all. So you weekend warrior groomed trails guys go ahead and tell us riders who ride in actual snow in actual terrain that we're crazy for riding sh!t and I'll tell you you're crazy for riding a machine that'll get you killed (or at least severely stuck) where I ride.

Is this like the 4th er 5th thread about 2013??

Gets a little hard to follow

You are a smart man Heritage...
You are on the ball with what you are saying...
I have done over 100 000km on Yamaha sleds in northern Ontario and I couldn't be happier...

[/quote]
You are answering your own question, kind of. The trail cruisers are great, but the ditch bangers and the powder sleds are being left behind by the competition, more and more every year. This is the reason why FX Nytro owners are bitching. They want to be brand loyal, but they feel they are running out of options with Yamaha...[/quote]

exactly! I have owned yami for my whole life and would love to stay with the brand as I know how reliable they are...thing that ticks me off is yamaha is LIGHTYEARS ahead of everyone else in the motor/reliablity department and is incredibly capable if building a ditchbanging, lighter weight, off trail 4 stroke sled but they stick to the building trail sleds...why????? and then to release that cheezy video they just did and make it sound like a 1.75 track and a 5lb weight savings is something special is insulting to say the least... I just hope something comes out in march that makes me eat my words...I also hope that yamaha is paying attention to the sentiment on these boards....yamaha has (I think anyway) the most brand loyal customers when it comes to sleds and it seems they are ignoring a large portion of their customers....not a good marketing move i wouldnt think...guess I will sit and wait until march :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back