• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 vs 2015 suspensions

So which one of you guys want to try the Carver valving and mod in your rear shocks? Must be the LTX SE version with the 2in bodies. $50 + shipping and a full ride report is all that's required. My cost. I want to see stock valving. Pm me.

Someone should jump on that. Carver does good work and knows this chassis as good or better than anyone. I've had him revalve for me in the past with great results.

I have a 14 ltx se and had them revalved last week. The guy said there was water in them. So hopefully after have the rears revalved and the adding Hygear's dual pressure kit to the float 3's I will have a much better ride this year. Next year I'm adding elkas or axis.

So which one of you guys want to try the Carver valving and mod in your rear shocks? Must be the LTX SE version with the 2in bodies. $50 + shipping and a full ride report is all that's required. My cost. I want to see stock valving. Pm me.

Pm sent...

PM sent also

Matt rode his this weekend so hopefully he formed a opinion of stock valving and will post here. Then I will do the Carver valving and mod for him since he was first to Pm me. Hang tight till we know how this all works.

Well, just got back early this morning from a weekend ride in the UP. Rode from Ironwood up to Lake of the Clouds and everywhere in between. I put on just under 200 miles.

The trail conditions were TERRIBLE. Extremely rough, lots of swampy open water areas. Definitely gave the Fox suspension a run for is money.

I've read a lot about the front shocks being bad on this sled, but to be honest, I actually didn't mind the fronts. They took a serious pounding and seemed to hold up well. On the only trail that was in good shape (trail 2), they really seemed to do well.

The rear on the other hand, is unacceptable. Way too stiff and was frequently bouncing off of the seat. I like to ride technical areas standing a lot, but the rear forced me to stand way more than I like to.

With the exception of the rear suspension, I love every single thing about this sled. This is so much nicer to ride than my Nytro that its hard to believe.

I was hoping to make it back up there this coming weekend for the group ride, but until the trail conditions improve, I'll be staying home. I was supposed to go to Houghton, but they had way more base snow in Ironwood, so I went there instead.

Hopefully I'll get my shocks sent off this week and have an update for everyone soon.

Back