• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 vs 2015 suspensions

Does anybody know the difference in rear skid shocks on rtx vs ltx? I have a base rtx and the rear skid rides nice. not too stiff and very capeable in the rough. im 200 without gear and i run the rear on middle drtting and had to tighten front skid shok about 1/2 in from stock. im very happy with the ride on this sled. PS i ride with a coupple of x pro racers and we ride pretty hard.

Well, just got back early this morning from a weekend ride in the UP. Rode from Ironwood up to Lake of the Clouds and everywhere in between. I put on just under 200 miles.

The trail conditions were TERRIBLE. Extremely rough, lots of swampy open water areas. Definitely gave the Fox suspension a run for is money.

I've read a lot about the front shocks being bad on this sled, but to be honest, I actually didn't mind the fronts. They took a serious pounding and seemed to hold up well. On the only trail that was in good shape (trail 2), they really seemed to do well.

The rear on the other hand, is unacceptable. Way too stiff and was frequently bouncing off of the seat. I like to ride technical areas standing a lot, but the rear forced me to stand way more than I like to.

With the exception of the rear suspension, I love every single thing about this sled. This is so much nicer to ride than my Nytro that its hard to believe.

I was hoping to make it back up there this coming weekend for the group ride, but until the trail conditions improve, I'll be staying home. I was supposed to go to Houghton, but they had way more base snow in Ironwood, so I went there instead.

Hopefully I'll get my shocks sent off this week and have an update for everyone soon.
Send them over. Thanks for the report even though it's a bit depressing.

Does anybody know the difference in rear skid shocks on rtx vs ltx? I have a base rtx and the rear skid rides nice. not too stiff and very capeable in the rough. im 200 without gear and i run the rear on middle drtting and had to tighten front skid shok about 1/2 in from stock. im very happy with the ride on this sled. PS i ride with a coupple of x pro racers and we ride pretty hard.
Base is totally different shocks. They are soft if anything.

Been digging around the site for an hour looking for the contacts to revalve my skid shocks! Anyone have a couple leads on where to send the Bucking Bronco shocks from my 2015 Ltx LE model Viper?

Question, I have a LTX DX 2015 , that rides a bit stiff, any suggestions?

Back