• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BombaPolaYama said:
adubs916 said:
tapp1 said:
Something from The Rider Scope Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TheRider ... 7184179052

After reading that, it is most definetly a new Direct Injected motor, but it's got to be a 4-stroke. It makes no sense at all to develope a new 2-stroke.
Your AVATAR is very fitting - it looks like you lost your old sled in the water and is anxiously awaiting the 2014 model!! :sled1:

That's the headwaters of the Mississippi river. I could be wrong, but I bet I was there the day he took that photo? Didn't I ask you for directions to Lobo's?

new sled will have cat motor, in a firecat chassis with 08 nitro front end with a 02viper pro action with a 03 rx1 seat. will also share the same dry weight as a 03 rx1.

but don't worry, cat will also be building the clutches and overseeing all aspects of quality control to be headed up by

Mr. Magoo

DoktorC said:
DigitalFusion said:
ccrider said:
...when it comes to true performance and "fun factor" on sleds...the 4 stroke has failed compared to 2 strokes.

That is highly subjective, and I think you will find many here who disagree with you.

Yup...by far the most fun sled I've had has been my Apex. I even thought about this thread during my 300+km ride yesterday....I rode through every kind of condition and the sled does really well in most. At some point you have to be a rider and can't expect the sled to do everything for you. I had a HUGE grin when pulling big numbers on the rail line and lakes...or wheelieing over crests...or railing through the corners (on one ski sometimes...and on two sometimes...no big deal). I'm not a new sled buyer so it doesn't really matter much to me what they make...but I REALLY like my Apex...and it CRUSHES e-tecs on the lake :).

I had an 06 apex rtx. It was set up pretty good from previous owner. I loved the power. Looks Sound. But coming off a rev it was just to heavy in the tight trails around vt for the way I like To ride. I would b beet after 120 miles muscling that musclesled around. It really isn't happy under 60 miles an hour. I had it goin as fast as it would and after that I didn't like it under 60. Sold it 2weeks later after putting 1000 miles on it and made $800. But anyway my brother still had one and I love getting on it and hearing that 4 cyl. But for my style if riding a light 2stroke is superior minus the maintenance wich is why I'm back riding proaction 2 stroke yamaha with other oem suspension in it. I've ridden a couple nytros and I've been impressed and scared depending upon the sled. 08 I rode scared the crap out of me couldn't steer it. The xtx I've ridden was awesome. Best fourstroke geared towards my style if riding is the phazer just not enough power. Light and flickable. I'm gonn claim I came up with the flickable term ok not mark Lester or Chris burandt :)

talldude1 said:
AKrider said:
If the new sled is a Pro-cross with a Nytro engine I'll be stoked. I couldn't care less where the sled is build, don't give a damn whether the factory is clean or dirty, if it is filled with rednecks wearing sweatpants or Japanese wearing tidy uniforms. All I care about is performance. Cat delivers that. A Cat chassis with a Yamaha motor will be very impressive. I'd have a lot more faith in that sled working well than something new from the ground up pure Yamaha design.

I think there are going to be some disappointed people on the 20th. The speculation and hype is way out of hand.

The reason we buy yamaha is because of the quality. everything is straight, true, precision, and everything fits. and the sled does not fall apart in 2000 miles like cat and polaris. Cats are Junk, the same can not be said for products rolling out of TRF. If we get a re-badged Cat i cant imagine how crooked the yamaha engine will be coming off the production line. oh and drop a few bolts down in the bellypan during assembly and just leave them there.

you will have more faith in an arctic cat working than a yamaha??? wow, what are you smoking....

Do you feel the rebadged 120 a piece of junk? Yamaha has their name on that and I've not read about people complaining about the quality or how it performs. The Procross belt issues can be fixed, it isn't rocket science. My buddies who own Cats aren't blowing belts left and right. There are three teams running 1100's in the Iron Dog right now. Hard to believe they are that big of a POS to survive that race.

I suspect some type of pics will be leaked in the next day or two. It's going to be very difficult hiding the sleds in a hotel ballroom in this day and age of camera phones. I'm amazed nothing yet has popped up. :sled1:

BETHEVIPER said:
new sled will have cat motor, in a firecat chassis with 08 nitro front end with a 02viper pro action with a 03 rx1 seat. will also share the same dry weight as a 03 rx1.

but don't worry, cat will also be building the clutches and overseeing all aspects of quality control to be headed up by

Mr. Magoo
Hahahahahahahahaha. I'd stand in line till next fall for that turd

DigitalFusion said:
ugh... every time someone quotes that insanely huge picture it screws up the page layout and I have to scroll back and forth horizontally to read everything, and Im running a 1680x1050 screen rez! I really feel bad for anyone on anything lower than that!

Off subject I know

but it sure would be nice to have a "2014" forum make over. This versions is outdated.

PS I don't mean bold new graphics either. :tg:

AKrider said:
talldude1 said:
AKrider said:
If the new sled is a Pro-cross with a Nytro engine I'll be stoked. I couldn't care less where the sled is build, don't give a damn whether the factory is clean or dirty, if it is filled with rednecks wearing sweatpants or Japanese wearing tidy uniforms. All I care about is performance. Cat delivers that. A Cat chassis with a Yamaha motor will be very impressive. I'd have a lot more faith in that sled working well than something new from the ground up pure Yamaha design.

I think there are going to be some disappointed people on the 20th. The speculation and hype is way out of hand.

The reason we buy yamaha is because of the quality. everything is straight, true, precision, and everything fits. and the sled does not fall apart in 2000 miles like cat and polaris. Cats are Junk, the same can not be said for products rolling out of TRF. If we get a re-badged Cat i cant imagine how crooked the yamaha engine will be coming off the production line. oh and drop a few bolts down in the bellypan during assembly and just leave them there.

you will have more faith in an arctic cat working than a yamaha??? wow, what are you smoking....

Do you feel the rebadged 120 a piece of junk? Yamaha has their name on that and I've not read about people complaining about the quality or how it performs. The Procross belt issues can be fixed, it isn't rocket science. My buddies who own Cats aren't blowing belts left and right. There are three teams running 1100's in the Iron Dog right now. Hard to believe they are that big of a POS to survive that race.

I suspect some type of pics will be leaked in the next day or two. It's going to be very difficult hiding the sleds in a hotel ballroom in this day and age of camera phones. I'm amazed nothing yet has popped up. :sled1:
The SRX120 is as far as the relationship with cat will go.Didn,t believe it last year until in Dec i saw SNOWGOER TV feature an interview with Rob Powers of yamaha USA.He basically said i want to end all these rumours of anything going beyond the SRX120.Why would he lie on national tv(this is not politics).

Paraclete said:
DigitalFusion said:
ugh... every time someone quotes that insanely huge picture it screws up the page layout and I have to scroll back and forth horizontally to read everything, and Im running a 1680x1050 screen rez! I really feel bad for anyone on anything lower than that!

Off subject I know

but it sure would be nice to have a "2014" forum make over. This versions is outdated.

PS I don't mean bold new graphics either. :tg:

Tom has it penciled in on the calendar for this spring when things slow down around here.

De250r said:
DoktorC said:
DigitalFusion said:
ccrider said:
...when it comes to true performance and "fun factor" on sleds...the 4 stroke has failed compared to 2 strokes.

That is highly subjective, and I think you will find many here who disagree with you.

Yup...by far the most fun sled I've had has been my Apex. I even thought about this thread during my 300+km ride yesterday....I rode through every kind of condition and the sled does really well in most. At some point you have to be a rider and can't expect the sled to do everything for you. I had a HUGE grin when pulling big numbers on the rail line and lakes...or wheelieing over crests...or railing through the corners (on one ski sometimes...and on two sometimes...no big deal). I'm not a new sled buyer so it doesn't really matter much to me what they make...but I REALLY like my Apex...and it CRUSHES e-tecs on the lake :).

I had an 06 apex rtx. It was set up pretty good from previous owner. I loved the power. Looks Sound. But coming off a rev it was just to heavy in the tight trails around vt for the way I like To ride. I would b beet after 120 miles muscling that musclesled around. It really isn't happy under 60 miles an hour. I had it goin as fast as it would and after that I didn't like it under 60. Sold it 2weeks later after putting 1000 miles on it and made $800. But anyway my brother still had one and I love getting on it and hearing that 4 cyl. But for my style if riding a light 2stroke is superior minus the maintenance wich is why I'm back riding proaction 2 stroke yamaha with other oem suspension in it. I've ridden a couple nytros and I've been impressed and scared depending upon the sled. 08 I rode scared the crap out of me couldn't steer it. The xtx I've ridden was awesome. Best fourstroke geared towards my style if riding is the phazer just not enough power. Light and flickable. I'm gonn claim I came up with the flickable term ok not mark Lester or Chris burandt :)

That's a good summary. My Nytro MTX is Ok and I can make it go just about anywhere I want it to but..... I have to use a lot of body English and energy to get it there. I rode a new Pro RMK back to back and it's silly how easy it is to throw the sled around. There are still negatives to it, but if I rode deep snow all the time, the Nytro wouldn't be in my garage.

DigitalFusion said:

#$%&* I agree.

"Flickable" is the word. A yfz is flickable. A nytro is chuckable.
Would somebody repost that body panel pic?

AKrider said:
talldude1 said:
AKrider said:

your talking about a $3000 kids sled. i dont think they will be complaining about the ride or the seat being to stiff or how much snow it collected. there will be no re badged 2014 sled besides the srx so no one has to worry about that.

The rhodes cases are in,let the headbangers banquet begin :Rockon:

Attachments

• 66775_539178586114263_1367491400_n.jpg
    66775_539178586114263_1367491400_n.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 136

Back