• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Back when the phazer first came out a dealer by me was offering a package deal. 2 fx phazers and a 2 place triton trailer for $10,000.

The $16-17K would not surprise me a bit. Let's go back 20 years ago. Yamaha was sucking hind "T" so they made an effort to enter the muscle sled arena surrounded by a ton of hype. What we got was the VMax 4 priced at $8500, a staggering price for it's time. Meanwhile the other 3 made moves with sleds like the Mach Z, Storm and ZRT's. Guess what? They jacked their prices close to Yamaha's. Skip forward for Yamaha into the early/mid 2000's. Yamaha goes 4 stroke, their prices zoom up over 10K. Everyone faints at the sticker prices. Meanwhile the other 3 come out with big 1000 and 900 twins. Their prices rise to Yamaha's level. So in essence it seems there is one thing Yamaha leads at. Raising the sticker price bar.

As much as I agree sled prices are high I just found some prices I was given in 1999 on the 2000 Cats. 12,800 bucks on a T-Cat. Now 13 years later a Apex is 17,000.

So a little over 4,000 dollars in 13 years on high performance sleds and look at the tech that came with it. The big insult is the price differance between Canada and the US! If Yami adds a turbo it will be 3 grand more then whatever they charge in the US! So a 20,000 dollar sled is possible.

I however think you guys are :drink: but no matter what I'll be riding my Apex for some time to come. My RX has taken 8 years of abuse and still runs strong after 18,000 miles. So we will see what Yami comes out with in 2021. Thats the thing about biulding something that will hold together. No reason to trade up!

Interesting link RX-1man. FOr snowmobiles all it mentions is "Improve business efficiencies through cooperation with other companies". Seems like a blue Pro-climb or Pro-cross could be a possibility. I'd definitely check one out if it came with a Yamaha engine.

Yes, it says that for 2013. And they introduced a new SRX in cooperation with Arctic Cat, did they not? At your dealer now.

PureBlue said:
sheetwright said:
low slung said:
newfie09xtx said:
09nytro said:
Where are you guys hearing all this at or reading it at

They are hullucinating (spelling???) and hearing voices! I am not holding my breath for 2014!
We have our sources(internet,people in the know,etc) :jump:

Lets just say that I got a guy, who knows a guy, and that guy knows a lot of yamaha guys and they whispered some stuff
Is this it!
t_828371222629088_682.jpg

Looks HEAVY. I'm guessing 8-900 pounds.

Take that! :jump:

OTM

RX-1MAN said:
Scroll down to snowmobiles. Not much there to get me excited. I'm going to wait until the 50th anniversay sled comes out to upgrade ;)!

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/art ... icle=50510

Snowmobiles: Improve the efficiency of business operations through cooperation with other companies in 2013.

Interesting, maybe the partnership with Cat is true

Lots of rummers of Yamaha teaming up with Cat like the did with the SRX120.... Cat does need motors and Yamaha is really a engine co.

Sasquatch said:
As much as I agree sled prices are high I just found some prices I was given in 1999 on the 2000 Cats. 12,800 bucks on a T-Cat. Now 13 years later a Apex is 17,000.

So a little over 4,000 dollars in 13 years on high performance sleds and look at the tech that came with it. The big insult is the price differance between Canada and the US! If Yami adds a turbo it will be 3 grand more then whatever they charge in the US! So a 20,000 dollar sled is possible.

I however think you guys are :drink: but no matter what I'll be riding my Apex for some time to come. My RX has taken 8 years of abuse and still runs strong after 18,000 miles. So we will see what Yami comes out with in 2021. Thats the thing about biulding something that will hold together. No reason to trade up!

yes a Tcat or Vmax 800 was big bucks BUT BUT at the same time you could still get a new ZL550 with 80 HP for less than HALF that. I priced out a 500 vmax back then think it was 4500 sooooo about a 3rd of the price which means we should be able to get something decent for what 7k??? Where's that sled??? How come Polaris Cat Doo can accomplish this and Yamaha can't?

The exchange rate and cost of the 4-stroke motor is part of why I think they are having difficulty in hitting the $7,000 mark for a sled. But, they also seem unwilling to follow the proven method of success by offering a single chassis and creating many different sleds from it. the other 3 OEM's do this and their most popular models are variations off the same chassis. Yamaha was doing it with the trailing arm Vmax chassis but like usual, they let their products languish for way too long without changing them. The other three OEM's constantly tweak and change little things every season. Complaints about handling, they actually change things to make the sled better and keep at it, year after year.

Yamaha could offer the 120 HP, carbed Vector motor in a budget, lower end performance sled. The Vector itself is a pretty good sled but too heavy and too old in the ergo dept to compete with the Indy, MXZ and Sno-Pro 500. Plus it doesn't have a suspension system that is even close to being competitive. I really liked my '05 Vector motor. If it was housed in a much lighter chassis that was up to date in handling, ride and ergos, I'd consider it.

My take on this:
Cat could use a 135hp 4 stroke. That's about it. Cats 1100 is pretty much reliable. 1100 turbo, not really bad. Alot of quality control issues with sled as a whole, but fixable. Cat has a 2 stroke that will work.
Yamaha needs a SLED to put their engines in and could use a 2 stroke.

For me Yamaha and Polaris make more sense.
Yamaha still needs a sled and could get 2 strokes.
Polaris needs a 4 stroke engine.

I know one thing,whatever these new sleds are i haven,t witness so much effort to keep the wraps on these(not even the RX-1 release had this much cover :-o ).Someone here last season said something about a very unique chassis that will blow peoples minds(power won,t excite,but the chassis will).

canadianhunter said:
My take on this:
Cat could use a 135hp 4 stroke. That's about it. Cats 1100 is pretty much reliable. 1100 turbo, not really bad. Alot of quality control issues with sled as a whole, but fixable. Cat has a 2 stroke that will work.
Yamaha needs a SLED to put their engines in and could use a 2 stroke.

For me Yamaha and Polaris make more sense.
Yamaha still needs a sled and could get 2 strokes.
Polaris needs a 4 stroke engine.

The reason Cat is beeing mentioned is that Suzuki currently makes their engines and that deal expires next year and cat has publicly stated that they will be making their own engines after that date so they could be in the market for buying tech/patents

It will be intresting to se what Suzuki does as they are left with pretty bad #*$&@ engines and no sleds to put them in... Both the 800 and t1100 works great

Back