• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Well I Can't find pictures on the net, and my scanner isn't working. But if you go to the new OnSnowMag volume 27 no.4 issue on page 106, you can see the new 2014 Yamaha, under a cover lol.

To me, it looks like an apex.

Ockelbo has quit making sleds a long time ago, but asked/paid students somewhere to draw concept sleds etc so those are not real sleds and are more of a fun idea....

Excuse me if this has been mentioned already, but has anyone noticed that the base 2013 Nytro dropped $2800 MSRP (11499)as compared to the 2012 (14299) in Canada even with Tuners as std. equipment, a 10 pound weight reduction and a single ply track to cost almost the same as American MSRP (11,299)? The rest of the Nytro lineup only dropped $900-950 per sled. My 2011 Apex SE was $17299, a 2012 jumped to $17799 and a 2013 dropped back to $17299.You can add a supercharger to a 2013 Nytro for less than or almost equal to the price of an Apex and blow it's doors off according to the AmSnow Woodgate Shootout.Something is starting to smell here. Does a stock supercharged 2014 Nytro (or insert new model name here) for approx. the same price as this years Apex sound like a reasonable bet? If they Supercharge the Apex or a variant for 2014 are we looking at a CDN Msrp in the neighbourhood of ($17299 + 5-6000 Dollars) of $23000? Plus our 13% tax on top of that--$26000 Out The Door! Drive another nail into the coffin of our beloved sport. Maybe this pricing would increase the value of our present Apex's which took a huge hit where I bought mine the first year. As mentioned earlier my 2011 Apex SE spring ordered in 2010 had an msrp of 17299. After only 2 months of riding in the 2011 season (late Feb or early March 2011) the dealer received 15 new 2011 Apex SE's and standards from Yamaha Canada and was selling the SE's for $11500 (5800 off list). This put everybody's 2-3 month old 2011 SE's with 1000-2000 kms in the $9500-10000 range. Practically 45% depreciation after 5 tanks of fuel-OUCH! Even if you get close to that now on a trade-in you are still talking the cost of a new compact car as the difference. I hope Yamaha 2014 brings all the good stuff (less weight, more hp, mpg, slider life, handling and a less than 4 beers and a litre of blood oil change) but at a price that won't make your butt so sore you can't sit on it no matter how thick the seat foam is. In this economy, I feel if Yamaha is to make all the big changes we all hope for, they are going to have to do so at price points that will attract new buyers (increase market share) as well as retain repeat customers. Not as easy as one may think.

I heard the same rumor about the Nytro. No longer will exist and they are replacing it.

While all this may sound juicey(or sour)i starting to realize this maybe a big internet rumour gone wild.First.Why would yamaha give the competition one of there strengths and hurt there own bottom line?(heck half the folks on here are jumping at the chance to buy a yami powered cat but that doesn,t make it right).Second.While a few people may of seen pictures of these new sleds they may of mistaken them for a cat/yamaha hybrid(any test mule doesn,t have the company logo on it,dead giveaway).Remember Chris Reid stating in a recent SLEDBLOG that the new yamahas will have more area on the sidepanels to install graphics(not like the current models,very unyamaha like :jump: )Third.Theses rumours has been kicking around for awhile(over a year) to the point last spring yamaha USA own Rob Powers stated there is nothing beyond the 120SRX partnership between cat and yamaha(He seemed very frustrated by this rumour and wanted to end it).Fourth.A respected Arctic cat forum had a response from a member who recently visited there plant.He was shown blueprints for there line of next generation motors.Why would cat go through all this trouble to design/build powerplants if yamaha was building/shipping them to cat?Sounds very counterproductive.Im not doubting theres a continued partnership but it maybe cat buying yamahas banked emission credits to save there feet from the EPA fire.

and Cat's DFI for this "supposed" new two stroke they are building is coming from who??? That my friends is the question we should be asking. Because OMC (ski-doo) has their own system....Polaris (if you believe the rumors)...has the rights to mercury's DFI (orbital)....that leaves Yamaha as the only available company with DI two stroke tech....right???

just askin...... :tg:

Heritage said:
and Cat's DFI for this "supposed" new two stroke they are building is coming from who??? That my friends is the question we should be asking. Because OMC (ski-doo) has their own system....Polaris (if you believe the rumors)...has the rights to mercury's DFI (orbital)....that leaves Yamaha as the only available company with DI two stroke tech....right???

just askin...... :tg:
http://www.tohatsu.com/tech_info/tldi_faqs.html

Wouldn't it be funny if Yamaha and Polaris were going to work together? Polaris doesn't have a great line-up of engines and their 4-stroke presence in the market is pretty much non-existant. Maybe this is why Yamaha is debuting the 2014's in Minnesota? Polaris seems to like to partner up with other companies and Cat has stated numerous times they will be building their own engines and they've got a new plant to do it in.

Polaris doesn't have a good track record on engine reliability and doesn't have a DI system for their 2-strokes like Doo. They are running their CFI 2-strokes very lean to pass emissions and I just confirmed my 600 RMK is running at 80:1 by keeping track of how much oil it used with the first tank. That's too lean for my comfort zone. When I think about it, seems like Polaris would have more to gain than Cat when it comes to Yamaha. Maybe they are already working together? The Nytro race front end sure shares a lot of similarities to the Polaris front end. Yamaha came out with casting technology back in 2003 and now Polaris is using it more and more, hmmm? Yamaha was also using the Polaris IQR rear skid in their sno-x efforts in the last season.

low slung said:
http://www.patentgenius.com/patent/7168401.html

You know, that sounds very similar to the CFI-4 system Polaris used for several years and dropped because they could never get a seamless transition between the two sets of injectors. Now they use a two injector system than from my understanding is just a standard EFI system that injects oil into the transfer ports rather than the throttle bodies.

Back