• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Depending what type of alliance Yamaha and Cat come to ,I would love to see Yamaha gain some suspension knowledge while Cat could gain some in the motor dept.

To be honest though it was the 2 stroke motors for Cat that were known to have some issues over the years. I haven't really heard of any of the 4 brands having any serious issues with their 4 stroke motors. 4 strokes are just naturally not as susceptable to motor failure.

canadianhunter said:
My take on this:
Cat could use a 135hp 4 stroke. That's about it. Cats 1100 is pretty much reliable. 1100 turbo, not really bad. Alot of quality control issues with sled as a whole, but fixable. Cat has a 2 stroke that will work.
Yamaha needs a SLED to put their engines in and could use a 2 stroke.

For me Yamaha and Polaris make more sense.
Yamaha still needs a sled and could get 2 strokes.
Polaris needs a 4 stroke engine.

Polaris does need a 4 stroke engine, however so will AC. Although they might build their own 2-strokes just like Polaris I don't see them building their own 4-stroke snowmobile engines. Yes I know they build a 4-stoke for an ATV, but a snowmobile engine is much more complex and capable of much higher horsepower.

With that said, I would completely expect if they do form a partnership of some kind it will be with Arctic Cat. They have already been working together on the 120's and I would expect some technology and parts sharing going forward. AC is a small company and is limited when trying to compete against the big boys BRP and Polaris. Having Yamaha work with them could really help. Yamaha could also use some chassis technology to make their sleds better. I think a good partnership would really help both of them out.

Let's back up & start with what we do know. Cat will no longer be using Suzuki engines. Cat needs a new 2-stroke to meet new emissions & keep up with other "high pressure injection" engines. Yamaha no longer has 2-strokes in sleds, but they still have a great HDPI boat motor. Cat is too small to spend millions on R&D, so it makes sense that they could be buying, or trading, for this technology. Just trading tech or patents, not manufacturing, could be a win win for both.

No apex, No Nytro, similar vector, new venom and viper. All using 3 cylinder high strung Nytro motor and another with boost. Choice of multiple suspensions with all being on a similar chasis. Oh ya a new phase sit down style with a newer motor

Is this part of the photo shoot?

Attachments

• 2014 yamaha.jpg
    2014 yamaha.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 958
fxnytroxtx said:
No more nytro for 2014 heard it yesterday from a reliable sorce, that's all he told me.

That would not surprise me.

Anyone have more information on the sled in the photo? I zoomed in close on the picture and the name appears to be "Oakalko". I've not been able to find out anything on it though.

PureBlue said:
Is this part of the photo shoot?
Cool it's an ockelbo swedish sled, google ockelbo pictures and you'll find some more a snoscoot lookalike

Ockelbo quit making sleds in the late eighties

Back