• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamajammer76 said:
Ak Yammy said:
ccrider said:
Wow...60 pages now on this. Can you imagine if Yamaha releases another year of BNG's for their sleds? Don't put it past them. It could happen. I think the TY4stroke server would melt down from all the rage...
I laughed out loud when I read this. Hopefully after the Nytro backcountry track debacle they learned their lesson. :o|

Well to be fair the Nytro XTX is a good sled especially with the backcountry track, but I agree that people are ready to see something new from Yamaha. Even a facelifted Nytro with a new look, some weight reduction, a bigger fuel tank and the race style front suspension would be popular and a welcome addition.

Personally I'd rather see a heavily revised and improved FX generation II over a re-baged Arctic Crap, but that's just me.

I bought a new 2012 Nytro XTX this fall and I just turned 500 miles on it so I won't be buying anyhow. I ran my Rage for 7 seasons so it will be a few years.

There is definately some truth to this too. I havent ridden one, but I'm sure the Nytro XTX with the 1.75 is a damn nice sled with all the refinements possible over the 5 year span. But it also still contains all the built in flaws that the Nytro has inherent to the package as well. People wanted something new and refined 3 years ago....if they don't get it this time around....oh boy.

fact is..the cat front suspension is good..real good...the slide action rear is good as well...they are beeter than Yam in the stock shock valving and spring rates etc...thats it...the quality is dead last...the fit and finish last..the rigidity of the foundation...bad..Im betting last...the reason they do have problems.. weak foundation and clutching changes...starting at zero...whereas yam has decades of experience with their clutches..and a tremendously strong engine bay and clutch mounting frame...

ccrider said:
yamajammer76 said:
Ak Yammy said:
ccrider said:
Wow...60 pages now on this. Can you imagine if Yamaha releases another year of BNG's for their sleds? Don't put it past them. It could happen. I think the TY4stroke server would melt down from all the rage...
I laughed out loud when I read this. Hopefully after the Nytro backcountry track debacle they learned their lesson. :o|

Well to be fair the Nytro XTX is a good sled especially with the backcountry track, but I agree that people are ready to see something new from Yamaha. Even a facelifted Nytro with a new look, some weight reduction, a bigger fuel tank and the race style front suspension would be popular and a welcome addition.

Personally I'd rather see a heavily revised and improved FX generation II over a re-baged Arctic Crap, but that's just me.

I bought a new 2012 Nytro XTX this fall and I just turned 500 miles on it so I won't be buying anyhow. I ran my Rage for 7 seasons so it will be a few years.

There is definately some truth to this too. I havent ridden one, but I'm sure the Nytro XTX with the 1.75 is a damn nice sled with all the refinements possible over the 5 year span. But it also still contains all the built in flaws that the Nytro has inherent to the package as well. People wanted something new and refined 3 years ago....if they don't get it this time around....oh boy.
Exactly!!!

Guys,
Check this out:

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-new ... 21621.html

Looks like Yamaha is going to 3 cylinder engines on their sportbikes...both the R6 and the R1. Can you say "replacement engines for Apex and Nytro" in the same breath? I think so. We all know Yamaha likes to leverage their engine platforms. All the rumor about new 3 cylinder fornthe Apex. Maybe we will see a new combo of 3 cylinders....one with low displacement (120 - 140 hp class) and a high displacement (150 - 170 hp class).

sheetwright said:
http://www.supertraxmag.com/article.asp?nid=2482

They just posted this on Facebook. More fuel LOL, but if they ever made one again it would be next year for the MTX. Not for the RTX or FX models
I'd have to agree, IF they have a new DI 2 stroke it will be a mountain only engine though I do think it would be based of the "supposed" new chassis and we might see 800cc+ TRIPLE as the chassis would be designed around the nytro plant and have plenty of room. No way they would do a big "paint shaker" twin. 200hp 900cc triple sounds nice for the hill climbing types.

Waaay too much speculation going on here ... 60 pages worth. lol.

It's been reported here that the public will be permitted to see the 2014 sled(s) in Minneapolis on the 21st, but WHERE exactly are they going to hold the event? I'd like to attend, but "Minneapolis" is too general a locale ... can anybody provide some factual information in this thread?

OVR4D said:

It's been reported here that the public will be permitted to see the 2014 sled(s) in Minneapolis on the 21st, but WHERE exactly are they going to hold the event? I'd like to attend, but "Minneapolis" is too general a locale ... can anybody provide some factual information in this thread?
The down town Hilton hotel

OVR4D said:

I talked to my dealer recently and was told that they are going to have a showing of the sleds to the general public on Thursday, Feb. 21 from 4-9pm at the Minneapolis Hilton.

I now have my first contribution on page 61 of this thread. :sled1:

ccrider said:
Guys,
Check this out:

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-new ... 21621.html

Looks like Yamaha is going to 3 cylinder engines on their sportbikes...both the R6 and the R1. Can you say "replacement engines for Apex and Nytro" in the same breath? I think so. We all know Yamaha likes to leverage their engine platforms. All the rumor about new 3 cylinder fornthe Apex. Maybe we will see a new combo of 3 cylinders....one with low displacement (120 - 140 hp class) and a high displacement (150 - 170 hp class).
Could be done down the road but don't think they are going to put a brand new motor in the R sportbikes and sleds at the same time. New R bikes will not show up until September and are rumored to be crossplane fired motors. If they are indeed crossplanes it will be a very boring sled motor. Crossplane was designed to help the Big 1000cc R1 lay down tractable power coming out of corners. Some track guys love it but for the street it is kind of a snoozer as there is no real hit and the top end is very soft. Crossplane has been very controversial and definitely a love it or hate kind of motor. Also the big reason for a triple in the new R1 is to get the width and weight down as the latest R1 is a big bertha compared to the other 1000 bikes. R6 just needs an update as it's the same machine from 2005. Also with them both loosing a cylinder you can bet the displacement will jump up to make up the power needed in their respective racing classes. Which is legal by the way as Ducati for years has run an almost 1200cc twin against 1000cc fours. Tripples I believe are allowed 1100cc.

Sorry for the long post as I love sportbikes as much as (maybe more than) sleds and is the reason I own an R1 powered sled!!!!

There is talk of a light weight version built in conjunction with Volkswagon. The platform is bullet proof and tested.

Attachments

• 620350_408384182575987_2133301001_o.jpg
    620350_408384182575987_2133301001_o.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 123

Back