• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

jtssrx said:
As good as a doo e- tec in twisty moguls??? What are you smokin? I had a nytro & now am riding an e-tec - there's no comparison. The nytro is so much slower through any kind of twisty trail, I don't care if you have 250 hp - you're not going to even keep the doo in sight. I'd take any sxr, viper, even a old exciter over the nytro as far as handling goes. It has a nice motor - most everything else needs to change.

this is spot on. I owned a Nytro. Great in a strait line worst sled I ever owned for cornering.

It was never designed to be the best handling sled.. If you took the time to set it up correctly it and replace the single rate front springs it actually handles very well and no cranking up the center spring doesn't solve it either... Overall my Nytro XTX's are the best sleds I have owned when setup correctly.

I know what you mean about the handling of the XP e-tecs. I ride one almost everyday at work. Yes, it is a great groomed trail sled, extremely fast in the twisties and yes I would go against anything with that sled. But, you know what...I am not a groomed trail rider and I hate the sound of that motor. After putting 200+kms on that sled on a good day, I just love jumping back on my Nytro on my days off. I love the motor, I love the bottom end, it is just totally different. Yes, my 08 MTX was the most horrible handling sled on the planet. I tweaked it out a little bit to be a lot more manageable. I love the sound, I love the torque, I love the engine, and I can handle it now. It won't keep up to the XP on the bumps, or twisties, but I don't care.

I don't trust my XP. I just dropped it off at the shop today and it cost another $500. I have been stranded in the bush before with a blown motor, and have went through 3 computers.

I still like my Yamahas. I would not be happy or proud to own a Ski-doo. Sorry.

Is this true for 2014??? " sleds will be on display at the Hilton Minneapolis, Marquette drive on Thursday 21, doors open at 4:00 pm. " from CA Yamaha blog?
Sorry I could only handle 20 pages.

SledFreak said:
Make the Vector 160hp, flip the motor around and get ride of the rear exit exhaust, so you can lower the motor back into the chassis and drop it to 500lbs and you wont keep any in inventory...

Agreed......

Puppe said:
"Cat dealer can make their booking for oil. 2 stroke DI oil and 4 stroke 1049 CC for Yamaha engine comes with the filter."

Seems like this is a pretty good indicator of what's to come... everyone seems to be ignoring it, though. What am I missing?

Haha now that's funny. Right before clicking on this part of the forum i said to myself that at least this thread would be highlighted with new comments. Only to open and find TTT. Lol
Think we can get to 100 before the big release.

Subaru2006

Daranello said:

My guess is Yamaha will for sure be providing their DI 2 smokers to Cat and the 3 cylinder 4 stroke motor (to replace the 2 hole Zook 4S). After that, I doubt very seriously that Yamaha will have a single Cat part on it for 2014. Guess we will find out very soon. 2015 is where it gets interesting.

jlemieu1 said:
Is this true for 2014??? " sleds will be on display at the Hilton Minneapolis, Marquette drive on Thursday 21, doors open at 4:00 pm. " from CA Yamaha blog?
Sorry I could only handle 20 pages.

Yes

viper

Man, maybe Chris does talk in deep code.

In one of the replies he pointed out his reference to Stevie Ray Vaughn.

A person (who is likely on here) pointed out that Stevie's initials are SRV....

He adds that to the year of the snake reference and gets..

Viper SRV...

so who knows?

Of course somebody else above read that same blog post and came away with an electric snowmachine.....WT?

Back