• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best word of advice is don't get to excited until you see the lineup. I've been disappointed with setting my expectations too high so I've learned in years past. Even if they do release a new impressive lightweight chassis expect to pay 13G's+ in the states.

Turbo charged single cylinder bravo xtx with redesigned leaf front suspension by fox and game changer 1.79 track,break stick for drifting on twisty trails,bluetooth and wifi capable.trappers are going to be happy for once.

rindtj said:
My source says big things are coming.

My source is my cousin's brother's uncle who eats lunch with a guy who knows someone who worked at Yamaha with a guy who used to know Chris Reid.

The jokesters can joke all they want. There is a new sled. It's a nytro replacement. It's a nytro motor in a procross chassis. The apex remains the same

Would be nice if Yamaha put some 2 strokes back in their line-up to keep interest in the brand amongst younger riders. In my area you don't see many young people on Yamaha's at all.

1 TOUZAN said:
There was a post on here about the new model being an electric utility sled, I think that might be pretty close to it, if you read Chris Reid's post there is a lot of reference to electricity all the way down to Stevie Ray Vaughan who played what ? Yep, the electric guitar. Hopefully there is more than one new model coming out. He also said the Press Had a deer in the headlight reaction, yep, more electricity reference. And as the other poster had said that could be why the intro is in downtown Mpls. (green and clean) Just a thought.

I would guess that it is more likely that Stevie Ray Vaughan is a reference to the SRV model name.

snoman said:
Turbo charged single cylinder bravo xtx with redesigned leaf front suspension by fox and game changer 1.79 track,break stick for drifting on twisty trails,bluetooth and wifi capable.trappers are going to be happy for once.

Hopefully it will come in at $17999.00!

Put me down for one.

;)!

jtssrx said:
rindtj said:
My source says big things are coming.

My source is my cousin's brother's uncle who eats lunch with a guy who knows someone who worked at Yamaha with a guy who used to know Chris Reid.

The jokesters can joke all they want. There is a new sled. It's a nytro replacement. It's a nytro motor in a procross chassis. The apex remains the same

So we are going to see a blue ProCross with a Yamaha 4 stroke engine and a green ProCross with a Yamaha 4 stroke or Arctic Cat 2 stroke? What's the point? Yamaha might as well exit the business.

I'm glad I got a new "real" Yamaha this year. Say what you want, but I can promise my "real" Yamaha will still be running down the trail long after the fake Arctic Cat one is hauled off to the junkyard.

Looks like a bit of photoshop, but this came out of google a while back.

Dan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 144
If we get a re-badged Arctic Cat with a Yamaha engine will this website change from TotallYamaha to PartiallYamaha? :o|

So if it really is a Procross chassis with a Nytro motor...who is making claim to the sled? Will it be sold as a Yamaha or Arctic Cat??

RX1MPete said:
So if it really is a Procross chassis with a Nytro motor...who is making claim to the sled? Will it be sold as a Yamaha or Arctic Cat??

Well from what I can gather the same sled will be sold in Arctic Cat colors and graphics and Yamaha colors and graphics. I would assume the Yamaha will be a 4 stroke only, but I would assume that the Arctic Cat will offer both 2 and 4 stroke engines.

Basically other then giving Yamaha only dealers something to sell in the winter the whole thing sounds pointless to me.

yamajammer76 said:
If we get a re-badged Arctic Cat with a Yamaha engine will this website change from TotallYamaha to PartiallYamaha? :o|

Now that is funny! I sure hope not!

Back