• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamaha1973 said:
You guys are putting way to much thought into this...

from the yamaha sled talk blog...

Bosco says:
Man you’re good, what ever they pay you it ain’t enough ! Have fun at the cabin.
LOL… thanks Bosco, I wish my boss could read this… then again if he read the fine print on what I write I may very well be working on my resume
cheers cr

so maybe......but apparently not.

How so? Because your sources said so, so it must be true! Ill find out on Wednesday like everybody else..

Here are a few interesting quotes from the Yamaha President of Motorsports Group. From Powersportsbusiness.com

Speaking about business of 2012. "The only area that we were disappointed in was our snowmobile business. The warm winter to start the 2012 year really slowed the overall industry down. But what we’re really excited about is that consumers are still out enjoying motorsports products."

And this. "4. How has Yamaha’s product line allowed dealers to build profitability into their business in 2012 and into 2013?

“We truly believe we have the broadest lineup of high quality products in the industry for our dealer partners and our consumers. The key is ‘All seasons, all terrain and all ages.’"

Well, we all know of the huge hole in the Yamaha Snowmobile lineup in the entry segment, and the 100 hp segment, so may be we will see more than one new snake!
;)!

adubs916 said:
Here are a few interesting quotes from the Yamaha President of Motorsports Group. From Powersportsbusiness.com

Speaking about business of 2012. "The only area that we were disappointed in was our snowmobile business. The warm winter to start the 2012 year really slowed the overall industry down. But what we’re really excited about is that consumers are still out enjoying motorsports products."

And this. "4. How has Yamaha’s product line allowed dealers to build profitability into their business in 2012 and into 2013?

“We truly believe we have the broadest lineup of high quality products in the industry for our dealer partners and our consumers. The key is ‘All seasons, all terrain and all ages.’"

Well, we all know of the huge hole in the Yamaha Snowmobile lineup in the entry segment, and the 100 hp segment, so may be we will see more than one new snake!
;)!

Here is a link to the article
http://www.powersportsbusiness.com/top- ... -corp-usa/

That one close up shot looks like old school yamaha colors. Throw back? Like polaris indy with retro colors.

Subaru2006

blueironranger said:
I REALLY doubt it will be a hydro system, go look at Hydrostatic efficiency, it somewhere in the 50-60% range which is worse then belt drive. I COULD see them using a "manual-o-matic" like the Honda Rancher 420 has which is a dual clutch "racing" style gearbox that is very efficient. With the wide torque range the 4 strokes have it could be very effective with only a 3 or 4 speed transmission. The ability to manually control which gear is was in would also help fuel efficiency by lugging the engine in the top gear at slower speed too. You could also lock it in 1st for well controlled deep power play.

I have a trx 420AT and you don't want that transmission on a snowmobile, trust me. No doubt, it's a tech wonder and very nice on hard or semi-hard trails but drive from a hard surface into sand or snow with some speed and the tranny drops gears fast and breaks the tires loose bigtime with a jerk in forward momentum. Instant stuck for a sled.
On the trail, grab a handful of throttle and hold on as the tranny drops a gear and spins all four tires. Fun but not for a sled, I think. Now the hondamatic.

YES!!! BRING BACK BUNNY!!!!!

Snowmobileaddict said:
BETHEVIPER said:
De250r said:
Wonder if Johnny skeptical and bunny will b back let's hope no on Johnny yes on bunny.

bring back bunny

3a3ec23ab18986809bc3b8bad4704600_zps0eb0394c.jpg

I wish for something light powerful and fun like a renegade but with Yamaha quality and reliability. Really hope were not getting all excited about some minor change to an existing model. Not that that would ever happen.

WOW! 81 pages!

Seems to be the same angle on the rear part of the panel, and the same louvers above it???

It'll be an interesting wednesday for sure...

Attachments

• 11197_575963582415165_1950076741_n (Large).jpg
    11197_575963582415165_1950076741_n (Large).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 122
  • XF1100_SnoPro_Grn (Custom).jpg
    XF1100_SnoPro_Grn (Custom).jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 126
yamaha1973 said:
You guys are putting way to much thought into this...

im not sure I understand what you mean, but anyways...

I think I have the whole release figured out. Okay, so they are releasing the new model on February 20th, 2013. There are 8 letters in the word February, and it’s the second month of the year, so 8 divided by two is 4. There are 7 letters in the word Yamaha, February is the second month so 7+2=9. February is 7 months away from the start of fall 2014. This new sled is supposedly to be a replacement of the nytro, which has 5 letters. Finally, its been 9 years since their last ‘industry first’ release.

What we end up with is 49759. I found a secret decoder ring in the form of a chart deep within the bowels of the internet. Take the numbers 49759 and match them up with the letters in the chart below and tell me what you find! Yeah, thats right VIPER

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 76

Back