• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

About every 10 years Yamaha puts out something no one else has.......1984 Phazer, 1992 V-Max 4, 2003 RX-1, guess its time again...........

I think when I first joined TY, we had a discussion about places to drop weight. I spoke about inventing a direct drive connection from the gear drive to the chain case, doing away with the clutch, secondary and jack shaft. The question was, would it need a wet clutch or transmission to make it a direct drive? Just this idea would drop over 50 lbs, so voila - weight issue gone! LaLaLa

I certainly hope it is something that changes the game and makes weight no longer an issue. Here's to hoping and this thread marching towards 100 pages. Only 6 more days! :4STroke:

RX-Eskimo

PS. Still riding my RX1-ton; planning on a new Yamaha this spring!

DigitalFusion said:
Pro Tip: When the site doesnt seem like its responding, dont hit submit multiple times
Well if all the duplicate posts were eliminated this would be back to 60 pages of ................. instead of 80. :o|

Some guys are really trying too hard with all the speculating - but I guess whatever turns yer crank ;)!

Bluebullet said:
I hope they don't waste the " Viper Name" like they did the toy "SRX". Still find that move un real! :sled1:

A lot of people have voiced this complaint, but I guess I don't really get it. What would you have preferred they called it? Ovation? Enticer (would've been my preference)? The company made a return to a segment where most people were complaining about a lack of blue sled and they attached an easily identified and popular model name to it. Seems logical to me.

If Yamaha ever comes out with another high output sled and were thinking about reusing the name SRX, I doubt it would get nixed because they used that name on a kids sled...

Direct injection 4 cylinder with 4 pipes.......everyone would buy it just for the exhaust note. No better sounding sled ever than a Vmax 4 with pipes.

DigitalFusion said:
RW06GT - Your avatar makes me sad. I almost want to report you for having an offensive image!

:tg:

If it makes ya feel better, that was from an end of season April 15th ride in the green mtns of Vermont a couple of years ago! Don't think we'll be going that long this year! ;)!

There can be only one true Cobra...

stallone.jpg

Back