• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hilarious.
Last year it was a game changer and i cant say i was impressed.
Cant wait for the 20th lol...

Subaru2006

DigitalFusion said:
yamaha1973 said:
You guys are putting way to much thought into this...

im not sure I understand what you mean, but anyways...

I think I have the whole release figured out. Okay, so they are releasing the new model on February 20th, 2013. There are 8 letters in the word February, and it’s the second month of the year, so 8 divided by two is 4. There are 7 letters in the word Yamaha, February is the second month so 7+2=9. February is 7 months away from the start of fall 2014. This new sled is supposedly to be a replacement of the nytro, which has 5 letters. Finally, its been 9 years since their last ‘industry first’ release.

What we end up with is 49759. I found a secret decoder ring in the form of a chart deep within the bowels of the internet. Take the numbers 49759 and match them up with the letters in the chart below and tell me what you find! Yeah, thats right VIPER

Why didn't I think of that. Makes perfect sense. Is there one that decodes specifics? 2or 4 stroke.

It will look more like an arctic cat but with nytro engine. It will have yamaha fit and finish. Front exaust, oil and chaincase in the same unit. Lots of arctic cat patents. And the name will be viper. And it will be light with the one and only yamaha durabiliti. Thats my bets. If you google closely you will find something.

mclarenyamaha said:
It will look more like an arctic cat but with nytro engine. It will have yamaha fit and finish. Front exaust, oil and chaincase in the same unit. Lots of arctic cat patents. And the name will be viper. And it will be light with the one and only yamaha durabiliti. Thats my bets. If you google closely you will find something.

Front exhaust huh, are they turning the motor around or running the pipes over the clutch guard to hold the blown belts from coming thru the hood?

benefits hydrostatic CVT w/ floating cup design
-98% efficiency for the hydrostatic drive line over a 90-95% efficiency for a belt CVT (belt stretch and wear) system then an additional 1-2% loss for every gear it transfers through (so your looking at somewhere in the 80% range for current snowmobile drive system)
-allows for better positioning of the motor (CG)
-I am guessing a huge drop in weight (Primary &secondary clutches, jack shaft, chain case, and reverse gears gone)
-can add reverse with little additional weight by reversing the flow within the system
-Less rotting mass b/c of the loss of the clutches and chaincase (more then polaris belt drive)
-Studies also show an increase in fuel efficiency as the motor does have to work as hard
-another benefit is that the driver can be place anywhere since all u need is a hose which means you can achieve a light weight rear drive system which adds even more benefits check out RND innovations

bottlerocket said:
mclarenyamaha said:

Front exhaust huh, are they turning the motor around or running the pipes over the clutch guard to hold the blown belts from coming thru the hood?

you're over thinking this.

mclarenyamaha said:

So show us the google closely trick........ ? ?

RSV said:
WOW! 81 pages!

Seems to be the same angle on the rear part of the panel, and the same louvers above it???

It'll be an interesting wednesday for sure...

There you go!

Some of you guys are going to be in for a huge disappointment. That won't be coming out with some new, whiz bang drive system. Where did that rumor even originate from?

sledhead23 said:
benefits hydrostatic CVT w/ floating cup design
-98% efficiency for the hydrostatic drive line over a 90-95% efficiency for a belt CVT (belt stretch and wear) system then an additional 1-2% loss for every gear it transfers through (so your looking at somewhere in the 80% range for current snowmobile drive system)
-allows for better positioning of the motor (CG)
-I am guessing a huge drop in weight (Primary &secondary clutches, jack shaft, chain case, and reverse gears gone)
-can add reverse with little additional weight by reversing the flow within the system
-Less rotting mass b/c of the loss of the clutches and chaincase (more then polaris belt drive)
-Studies also show an increase in fuel efficiency as the motor does have to work as hard
-another benefit is that the driver can be place anywhere since all u need is a hose which means you can achieve a light weight rear drive system which adds even more benefits check out RND innovations

Interesting this guys very FIRST post outlines all these great things........Hmmmmmmmm

DigitalFusion said:
yamaha1973 said:
You guys are putting way to much thought into this...

im not sure I understand what you mean, but anyways...

I think I have the whole release figured out. Okay, so they are releasing the new model on February 20th, 2013. There are 8 letters in the word February, and it’s the second month of the year, so 8 divided by two is 4. There are 7 letters in the word Yamaha, February is the second month so 7+2=9. February is 7 months away from the start of fall 2014. This new sled is supposedly to be a replacement of the nytro, which has 5 letters. Finally, its been 9 years since their last ‘industry first’ release.

What we end up with is 49759. I found a secret decoder ring in the form of a chart deep within the bowels of the internet. Take the numbers 49759 and match them up with the letters in the chart below and tell me what you find! Yeah, thats right VIPER

Thats exactly what I mean haha :tg:

Back