• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hopefully this is not another project "Shogun", aka 1992 Vmax-4. Thing was a turd. My Storm {I was a Poo boy then} would hammer them every time across the lake. Looked cool. Sounded cooler. However, it would not hit 100mph unless you threw it out of a plane.

meskie said:
Anybody ever run a hydrostatic drive machine in the winter and cold? Very impractical and then you need a heater to get it going and a cooler to keep oil from getting warm plus a oil tank which adds weight. Way too complicated for a sled and expensive not only to buy but to fix
Hydrostatic drives do work in the winter. Yamaha would have to use a lighter weight oil that could withstand freezing temperatures and not have to be per-heated (something like the oil in a vehicles hydraulic power steering). Also hydrostatic drives don't overheat and can withstand long periods of stranous work due to fewer moving parts and consistent lubrication, hence why it's used in many farming and construction equipment. The loss of the clutches , jackshaft, chaincase, and reverse gear mechanisms would out weigh a oil can. But I agree that it's pricey but not overly, it's being used in many consumer products such as chainsaws, snow blowers, lawnmowers, etc. If this technology doesn't see 2014, I can see it happening soon

jtssrx said:
mclarenyamaha said:
It will look more like an arctic cat but with nytro engine. It will have yamaha fit and finish. Front exaust, oil and chaincase in the same unit. Lots of arctic cat patents. And the name will be viper. And it will be light with the one and only yamaha durabiliti. Thats my bets. If you google closely you will find something.

This is spot on. I had a conversation today with an insider. This is exactly what he told me he said Yamaha is coping the procross so its 100% Yamaha. It will have a nytro motor and it will have front exit exhaust

Yamaha copying I can see...so it won't be a cat....it'll be a copy cat

7 skulls said:
Yamaha doesn't need anything from Cat.

yes they do: the patent for the four stroke with front exhaust. And AC would like some DFI technology in return.

Here's one that I haven't heard yet; Picked up the New Apex today and the dealer claims the big announcement is that Yamaha is getting out of the sled building business. Will provide engines to cat

This has to be the longest speculation thread ever. No one who knows what's coming will dare open their mouth. Yamaha has them gagged. Anyone who spills the beans early would in a major pile of crap with Yamaha. I love some of the ideas but we all just have to wait another few days.

Mighty said:
Here's one that I haven't heard yet; Picked up the New Apex today and the dealer claims the big announcement is that Yamaha is getting out of the sled building business. Will provide engines to cat

This has been brought up recently with sled sales being so low....

Mighty said:

Can´t possibly see that happening aftar the pics etc we have gotten from their FB page etc

Back