• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Too many hints in releases from yamaha for them to b bowing out. Watched that video of bunnies sister smokin bacon. Too funny

Mighty said:
Here's one that I haven't heard yet; Picked up the New Apex today and the dealer claims the big announcement is that Yamaha is getting out of the sled building business. Will provide engines to cat

You need to find a new dealer.

TRUE BLUE SINCE 1980 said:
Mighty said:
Here's one that I haven't heard yet; Picked up the New Apex today and the dealer claims the big announcement is that Yamaha is getting out of the sled building business. Will provide engines to cat

You need to find a new dealer.

No kidding. Our local factory rep. has stated over and over that Yamaha is 100% committed to the snowmobile business. True it is not a big business for them, but it is an important one that gives them something no other Japanese recreational vehicle builder has and that is a full line of products for every season. Many times if you sell a snowmobile you might also sell a bike or an ATV or vice versa. Also it keeps the dealerships busy in the winter if they want to be a one brand dealer and being a one brand dealer is a big deal to the manufacturers.

Last, there is a thing called pride in Japanese business. They are generally the last businesses to exit product categories because of that. I can promise that Yamaha corporate is very proud of their snowmobile business and although profit is a motivator in all businesses the Japanese do look at things much differently then US businesses do. I just got a 45th Anniversary key chain from my dealer so they like the idea they have been building sleds for 45 years.

Besides some sort of a "snake" is coming if you look at the ads and I doubt Arctic Cat is going to name any sleds after snakes.

Brother went to dealer and said they recieved a picture that had smoke surrounding what looked to be a side by side snowmobile in the picture. Don't kill the messenger don't know if anything else will be released but thats what he said. #$%&*

kingedwards99 said:
Brother went to dealer and said they recieved a picture that had smoke surrounding what looked to be a side by side snowmobile in the picture. Don't kill the messenger don't know if anything else will be released but thats what he said. #$%&*

Well that might not be a half bad idea, but I think most of us are more interested in a new conventional sled.

vector06 said:
Hopefully this is not another project "Shogun", aka 1992 Vmax-4. Thing was a turd. My Storm {I was a Poo boy then} would hammer them every time across the lake. Looked cool. Sounded cooler. However, it would not hit 100mph unless you threw it out of a plane.

The issue with the first 2 years of the Vmax 4 wasn't power, it was clutching. When they finally developed the reverse cam secondary that debuted on all the Yamaha's in the 1995 season the clutch issues were over..........and still are.

Traction was another issue but that was easier to fix.

logged on last night pretty late this thread had 78 pages... now we are at 85 in less than 24 hours, this thread is going to be on at least 150 pages by the 20th if this keeps up...

I tell you tho with the interview witht he prez of powersports division henio archangeli, the "dear in headlights" looks from people in the (REAL) know about what is going to be released, sled talk blog, yamaha themselves saying it will be an "industry first" (rebadged sleds have been done before in the industry), and magazine's not even giving a hint of a rebadged sled. sounds to me like it isnt going to be a rebadged cat. if it was a rebadged cat why do they have 2 different release dates? you would think if yamaha came out with a rebadged cat that would ruin any "special" release that cat planned for this year because different engines alone are not going to make that big of an impact as a new chassis would make.

I feel as tho it will be a new chassis, shared suspension and engine tech from cat and yami. with yamaha coming with a 50+ pound lighter chassis and cat getting a 600 and 800DI 2 stroke motor.

but who really knows, I think everyone is thinking way to hard into this, and NO ONE in this thread has a clue what is going to be released. this thread reminds me of the game "telephone" for those that remember early elementary school days or stupid highschool rumors getting way out of hand and blown way out of proportion

Back