• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

just got in from riding. y'all got to much free time in your hands.. GO RIDE! Maybe 100 by tomorrow

The new ad states " Industry first" I did a search and we already have:

1st performance 4 stroke in snowmobile and dirt bike
power steering in wheeler and snowmobile
oil injection
IFS front ( SSR) but polaris claime it
graphic choices from factory ( Last year)
complete 4 stroke snowmobile line up

I am sure there are many others I did not mention so what it be this year?

my guess is all models will be fuel injected ?
:sled1: ;)!

It will probably be a new Drive system. They have been working on it for a very long time. My Uncle got to go on a Yamaha development ride the Winter the RX1 was announced (Consumers didn't get them until the next fall). In the fleet of Test sleds was a 700sx based test sled with a Mono-Shock and a new drive system that did not have clutches.

I can't recall details other than that - but I did have a conversation with someone from Yamaha a few years ago at a show who did mention they are working on something that would chop a ton of weight and be a lot more efficient at the same time.

HST for a snowmobile?

I admittedly don't know much about HST's but I found the following article. I love HST on my Tractor. It could be a really good solution for a 4 stroke sled as you drop the Reverse Gearbox as well. I like the part about it having faster response than Mechanical or ElectroMechanical transmissions.

The question would be how to control it. On my Tractor there is a mode where the throttle is linked to the HST as well. Press down on Pedal and machine goes forward and engine speed rises. I'm sure Yammie could easily implement this with a drive by wire thumb throttle. I think a thumb Hydraulic might be a little taxing after some time.

You would have to guess that power loss would be less than Belt Driven CVT as well.

From the article,

HSTs offer some important advantages over other forms of power transmission. Depending on its configuration, a hydrostatic transmission is capable of:

transmitting high power in a compact package
exhibiting low inertia
operating efficiently over a wide range of torque-to-speed ratios
maintaining controlled speed regardless of load, within design limits
accurately maintaining preset speed against driving or running loads
transmitting power to multiple locations, even if position and orientation of the location changes
providing faster response than mechanical or electromechanical transmissions of comparable rating, and
providing dynamic braking.

Link to full article: http://hydraulicspneumatics.com/200/Tec ... ulicPumpsM

A snake that doesn't constrict(clamp down on belt) but still takes your breath away.( less hp would feel like more due to less parasitic loss) possibly

Definitely something more powerful from the discussions around here. 4 cylinder is gone. Deep discounts across the board say it all!!! I love my Apex and its sound will never be replaced but am ready for a lighter 180hp 3 cylinder sled. THANK GOD I DIDN'T BUY A NEW TURBO AC THIS YEAR!!!!

"A snake that does not constrict", I would say it´s just another hint towards the Viper, which uses venom and doesn´t constrict its prey, "still takes your breath away" is just a hint that its a high HP sled = cant breath cuz of the acceleration. :bling

probebly a supercharged/turboed 180-200hp trail/lakerace styled sled, which is the last thing i want from yamaha...

Emme.g.h. said:
"A snake that does not constrict", I would say it´s just another hint towards the Viper, which uses venom and doesn´t constrict its prey, "still takes your breath away" is just a hint that its a high HP sled = cant breath cuz of the acceleration. :bling

probebly a supercharged/turboed 180-200hp trail/lakerace styled sled, which is the last thing i want from yamaha...

What would the industry's first be

Thanks for the info on (HST) Morris
" The primary function of the HST is to accept rotary power from the prime mover (usually an internal combustion engine), and transmit that energy to a load via a hydraulic motor. In the process, the HST generally regulates speed, torque, power, and direction of movement. The typical HST drives a load from full speed in one direction to full speed in the opposite direction, with infinite variation of speed between the two maximums. Input speed to the pump is fixed for most off-road machinery, but sometimes is controlled via the engine throttle" :sled1:

wow, maybe?

keep it up guys almost to 100 pages !

:rocks:

De250r said:
Emme.g.h. said:

What would the industry's first be

On that I have no ide, all depends on what Yamaha defines as industrys first.... could just be industries first supercharged or 200+ hp, or it could be what u goes are talking about but the ad i believe just refers to the viper being a non constrictor.

Could be something as simple as a studded track, hence feel its bite.

Back