• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Have you ridden a Cat 1100? I never said it wasn't heavy. I said it hid its weight well and handled much better.

I have also praised Yamaha for what they have done well. Please reread my posts as they are not as biased as you claim.

There is a lot of negativity towards Yamaha on here which surprises me I thought I was on a Yamaha forum seems like I'm not sometimes. I love this site it is extremely helpful and informative. But I think that some people who no longer ride Yamaha or no longer want to should switch to a different forum site that better suits their color. I love my Apex and I want a 2013 but will wait for 14 to see but probably by left over just because it will be cheaper. I have not ridden a Nytro so I can't say anything about that but I have not heard 1 good thing about it which is disappointing. I guess I expect more from the users on this forum to be a little more supportive as oppose to whining all the time. I drove a 2 stroke before and had to get used to the big 4 but took 2 rides and bam I was as good if not better at ridding than ever before. Yamaha all the way, I have opened my eyes to other companies new innovations but Yamaha will always be the best most reliable and plenty fastest in my eyes.

AKrider said:
Have you ridden a Cat 1100? I never said it wasn't heavy. I said it hid its weight well and handled much better.

I have also praised Yamaha for what they have done well. Please reread my posts as they are not as biased as you claim.

I know you weren't posting this because of me and I enjoy reading your posts and those of that other guy who seems to love his 1200 doo I'm not bashing you guys just in general i find this forum has way more negative about Yamaha than posting just by looking at active topics.

No, it was in response to Sled Dog.

I just look at this topic as a discussion and guys get to talk about what they'd like to see changed for 2014. You should have seen last spring when Yamaha's big new release was a 1.75" track for the XTX.

I think most are aware that Yamaha has people that read this forum. If all anyone ever wrote was how they were perfectly happy with their '03 RX-1, we'd still have the RX-1, unchanged and be discussing what color combination and graphics they should come out with for '14.

I know there are Yamaha dealers who would love to be far more critical of the sled division and express their frustration over the lack of new products. That effects them personally as they are struggling to keep the lights on and make payroll in the winter. That's really hard to do when few people are walking in your front door. A dealer can't be very critical of the hand that feeds them.

Murse said:
There is a lot of negativity towards Yamaha on here which surprises me I thought I was on a Yamaha forum seems like I'm not sometimes. I love this site it is extremely helpful and informative. But I think that some people who no longer ride Yamaha or no longer want to should switch to a different forum site that better suits their color. I love my Apex and I want a 2013 but will wait for 14 to see but probably by left over just because it will be cheaper. I have not ridden a Nytro so I can't say anything about that but I have not heard 1 good thing about it which is disappointing. I guess I expect more from the users on this forum to be a little more supportive as oppose to whining all the time. I drove a 2 stroke before and had to get used to the big 4 but took 2 rides and bam I was as good if not better at ridding than ever before. Yamaha all the way, I have opened my eyes to other companies new innovations but Yamaha will always be the best most reliable and plenty fastest in my eyes.

I agree to most of what you say! There are only a few in comparison to the amount of members here but they sure like to be heard and heard and heard again like they are going to strong arm the Yamaha Corp. This site is the best site due to the maturity level and willingness of our members to help each other here it a pay it forward type of system. The set of great thought out rules that we have in place and the volunteer work thats involved to enforce them! :rocks:

AKrider said:

I just look at this topic as a discussion and guys get to talk about what they'd like to see changed for 2014. You should have seen last spring when Yamaha's big new release was a 1.75" track for the XTX.

I think most are aware that Yamaha has people that read this forum. If all anyone ever wrote was how they were perfectly happy with their '03 RX-1, we'd still have the RX-1, unchanged and be discussing what color combination and graphics they should come out with for '14.

I know there are Yamaha dealers who would love to be far more critical of the sled division and express their frustration over the lack of new products. That effects them personally as they are struggling to keep the lights on and make payroll in the winter. That's really hard to do when few people are walking in your front door. A dealer can't be very critical of the hand that feeds them.

Truth be told its more like because the Yamaha four strokes last so long. People like myself who are quite satisfied with their rides since 2004 have no real reason to buy a new one and its why a Yamaha blows all the others away in holding their value. People who buy a Yamaha four stroke are in it for the long haul because the sled will last two or three times if not more the lifetime of a two stroke so yea the sales are going to go down. No reason to buy a new one when yours is still running like its brand new!

Sled Dog said:
AKrider said:

Truth be told its more like because the Yamaha four strokes last so long. People like myself who are quite satisfied with their rides since 2004 have no real reason to buy a new one and its why a Yamaha blows all the others away in holding their value. People who buy a Yamaha four stroke are in it for the long haul because the sled will last two or three times if not more the lifetime of a two stroke so yea the sales are going to go down. No reason to buy a new one when yours is still running like its brand new!
LOL!

Come on Yamaha and give us some freaking aweysome new lighter chassi with some real good HP in it minimum 160hp!

Sled Dog said:
AKrider said:
My buddy was telling me they changed that for '13. He doesn't have the heat exchanger at the very back of the tunnel. I recall reading that Cat had a humped tunnel last year and ice was forming between the top of the exchanger and the top of the tunnel. That design caused the top of the tunnel to get bent from what I understand. The '12 Cat 800 that was with us had an aftermarket fix that made the tunnel flat at the back. I didn't check his tunnel for ice.

The thing I like is Cat along with Polaris and Doo acknowledge and address a majority of their problems and improve their sleds year after year. Polaris has made big improvements to their a-arm front end around 4 times in the past 8 years. Ski-doo has continued to improve the XP and now has the best riding skid in the R-motion. If Yamaha would do that they'd really have some great sleds in their existing models. I've never understood why they are so slow to make big and needed improvements? Their engines and clutches are excellent. All they need to focus on is their chassis. They actually have less work cut out for them than the other OEM's.

Its amazing how you can praise the other manufacturers and always find fault in Yamaha in each and every post you post! We get it already you dont like Yamaha! Well there are a lot of people unlike you who do. Your posts all sound like a song thats played to much. Even when cat copied Yamaha and god forbid put a heavy 4 stroke in there sled it was amazingly better riding and handling as if it, how did you say it, oh yea hid its weight come on now. Next your going to tell me how much lighter green 100 lbs is compared to the same weight colored blue! Your glasses are just as green as mine are blue only I am not the one envious. lol
Exactly!!!!We are aware of what is right and what is wrong with yamaha's we really don 't need you to point it out any more!!!and if we wanted to know about the other manufacturers sleds we would go to HCS.

I'm still trying to figure out what 30 to 32 pages of this has to do with the 2014 model release? We need more snow or something.

2BLUE4U said:
I'm still trying to figure out what 30 to 32 pages of this has to do with the 2014 model release? We need more snow or something.

You got that right...need more snow that's for sure... :sled1:

Back