• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

AKrider said:
Here is what is possible - Nytro engine in a custom chassis with Polaris Pro RMK geometry. The mountain guys are doing all kinds of crazy things. A short track version of this sled would be pretty sweet as well. Makes me wonder if there is any money in offering custom frames? Figure out a great design, have one of the companies in Taiwan build it as they build many high end bicycle frames that are actually more advanced and complicated, and offer the frame for sale for $1,000-$2,000.

Chromoly is very expensive. A good bike frame is over $2K I think a sled frame would be way more.

Grimm said:
I'm really hoping for a lightweight (sub 500 lbs) nimble sled with about 100 hp. Got to tell ya, I rode a friend's ACE 600 MXZ and you could throw it around like nothing...all that was missing was a little more pop off the line and top speed wasn't quite there. If Skidoo comes out with a mid level ACE motor next year...watch out, I may just be on one.

THIS is what they really need, the next evolution of the Phazer. Its already well under 500 lbs, bump it up to 100-110hp, make the seat adjustable/replaceable, and adjustable bars so it could be used as a stand up basher OR sit down trail cruiser. Toss in the race Nytro front geometry and it would be a great sled. Then again this MIGHT be what the "SR Venom" name that's been tossed around actually is with the "SR Viper" being the same sled with Nytro motor. I'd Trade my Phazer MTX for a > 500lb , twin cylinder, 100-110hp, Venom XTX 144" in a heartbeat!

blueironranger said:
Grimm said:
I'm really hoping for a lightweight (sub 500 lbs) nimble sled with about 100 hp. Got to tell ya, I rode a friend's ACE 600 MXZ and you could throw it around like nothing...all that was missing was a little more pop off the line and top speed wasn't quite there. If Skidoo comes out with a mid level ACE motor next year...watch out, I may just be on one.

THIS is what they really need, the next evolution of the Phazer. Its already well under 500 lbs, bump it up to 100-110hp, make the seat adjustable/replaceable, and adjustable bars so it could be used as a stand up basher OR sit down trail cruiser. Toss in the race Nytro front geometry and it would be a great sled. Then again this MIGHT be what the "SR Venom" name that's been tossed around actually is with the "SR Viper" being the same sled with Nytro motor. I'd Trade my Phazer MTX for a > 500lb , twin cylinder, 100-110hp, Venom XTX 144" in a heartbeat!
I have to say of all sleds I've owed, my Phaser was the most fun! Easy to ride,good on fuel, just lacking in power and being a little on the ugly side ;)! it's only downfall.

Grimm, I have to disagree with you on the current ACE motor. I was extremely disappointed with its power. It felt like a gutless fourwheeler. Kinda like my very old Big Bear. Not for me.

I hope they don't come out with the old names like the Viper for 14. I would much rather see a name that is totally new on a totally new sled.

Its funny how I used to like the old letter names like SRV, SS, SRX, GPX etc.

RX1MPete said:
Grimm, I have to disagree with you on the current ACE motor. I was extremely disappointed with its power. It felt like a gutless fourwheeler. Kinda like my very old Big Bear. Not for me.

I hope they don't come out with the old names like the Viper for 14. I would much rather see a name that is totally new on a totally new sled.

Its funny how I used to like the old letter names like SRV, SS, SRX, GPX etc.

I wasn't praising the ACE 600 motor...that is the shortfall.

Well i figured its time to post in here. I also am sure this has been talked about before in the 37 previous pages maybe. Anyways I was just at the dealer asking about any information then can give on the new sleds. This is the answer I got. "All we can say is that us and another manufacturer are in the talks of working together, because one side likes the others chassis and the other side likes the others motor." So my guess would be yamaha and arctic since they have a previous relationship. Also who knows if this so called new sled will be out in 2014 or not.

subaru2006

its funny my dealer said they were partnering up with Cat.. and then the other guy said it was just speculation. they were in the parts department,

and when i went riding we stopped for lunch and sat down with two guys that a buddy knew, they said they heard the same thing from a dealer. (not the same one)

who knows....

Well if that happens I am hoping we are supplying motors to them and thats it. On a business sense that makes Yamaha some extra sales in engines. I just cant see a proud company like Yamaha copying a cat skid thats like saying we failed and the Japanese dont like to admit or say that. We will see soon enough.

Sled Dog said:
Well if that happens I am hoping we are supplying motors to them and thats it. On a business sense that makes Yamaha some extra sales in engines. I just cant see a proud company like Yamaha copying a cat skid thats like saying we failed and the Japanese dont like to admit or say that. We will see soon enough.
Don't forget the Japanese were masters at copying then perfecting when they became the manufacturing powerhouse in the late 60's, early 70's.

Back