• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

dilligaf said:
stopdropanroll said:
sheetwright said:
Now if the rumor is true of who supplied the turbo, and that it is on a nytro motor I have a question for you all. We all know that the nytro motor has limitations for future power unlike the cat motor. Being they have more then likely played with the timing to get the turbo to work on flat land correctly. You may be able to add an exhaust but I don't see much more without screwing with the motor and the map slightly. Might be able to get 200 out of her max without studs, shim etc. now with the cat version they use low compression instead which makes it slower off the line, but creates great future potential for crazy hp with minimum boost dollars out of your wallet. Which would you prefer? If I left it stock minus skis etc i would say the yamaha. It will have a punchier torque curve for the trail, and a good 600 time. Now if I built it I hate to say cat or go back to an old apex.

Now this is all IMO and speculative of course :)

No way will they stuff a 3cyl Nytro turbo in that chassis, first, the motor is backwards from the 1100, second, its wider, third, no more rear mount exhaust. The 1100 makes a ton of heat as it is with the turbo in front. I own one and have had it completely apart down to nothing, its cramped for a 2cyl and no way is there real-estate for a 3cyl/turbo. I bet u its a Nytro N/A, THATS IT. No one would buy a overprice under powered turbo 3cylinder when the 1100 still exists, it can make double the power for the same money, and the ECU is writable, unlike the Yamaha.

I would rather have the Nytro engine than the 1100 twin hands down.The Nytro engine is far superior of an engine.

How so?? The 1100 is a work of art, maybe not in N/A form, but as a boosted motor it is amazing and makes a ton of power considering it has less power pulses per revolution then the 3 or 4 cylinder Yamaha motor. You will see the 1100 make 700HP in the future. My sled has made 398 with just a compressor wheel upgrade on the stock turbo. The abuse that some of these 1100's have taken is unreal, there has been guys that have made over 500HP on the stock internals, no joke. But I would agree that I would rather have the N/A Nytro motor over a N/A 1100.

dilligaf said:
stopdropanroll said:
sheetwright said:
Now if the rumor is true of who supplied the turbo, and that it is on a nytro motor I have a question for you all. We all know that the nytro motor has limitations for future power unlike the cat motor. Being they have more then likely played with the timing to get the turbo to work on flat land correctly. You may be able to add an exhaust but I don't see much more without screwing with the motor and the map slightly. Might be able to get 200 out of her max without studs, shim etc. now with the cat version they use low compression instead which makes it slower off the line, but creates great future potential for crazy hp with minimum boost dollars out of your wallet. Which would you prefer? If I left it stock minus skis etc i would say the yamaha. It will have a punchier torque curve for the trail, and a good 600 time. Now if I built it I hate to say cat or go back to an old apex.

No way will they stuff a 3cyl Nytro turbo in that chassis, first, the motor is backwards from the 1100, second, its wider, third, no more rear mount exhaust. The 1100 makes a ton of heat as it is with the turbo in front. I own one and have had it completely apart down to nothing, its cramped for a 2cyl and no way is there real-estate for a 3cyl/turbo. I bet u its a Nytro N/A, THATS IT. No one would buy a overprice under powered turbo 3cylinder when the 1100 still exists, it can make double the power for the same money, and the ECU is writable, unlike the Yamaha.

I would rather have the Nytro engine than the 1100 twin hands down.The Nytro engine is far superior of an engine.

This is a TRUE fact. If you are comparing apples to apples... That means current AC 1100 NA to a Yamaha 1049 NA there is no comparison. My Dad has the AC 1100 and my Nytro will eat it for lunch.

Now if you want to talk turbo that is something completely different, but when it comes to NA 4 strokes nobody can beat Yamaha with throttle response and having a snappy feeling like a 2 stroke.

This will be the next 82' SRX 500. a few will leak out to consumers, then Yamaha will realize it is a pile of Arctic Scrap, and pull the plug. It will be a PR nightmare.

Yamaha needs new Brass at the top of the snowmobile division badly, has been that way for a while, they do not listen to the consumer, or the r&d dept.

dilligaf said:
stopdropanroll said:
sheetwright said:

Who's to say that Yamaha hasn't built a new twin 4 stroker for this chassis? Or maybe even a 2 stroker? Unless there is a new drive system under the hood, I can't see them stuffing a Nytro engine in there.

There is a market for a nimble 100hp sled (I've been wanting one for years) and having it built in North America vs Japan should theoretically keep the costs down, which is what is needed in this sport.

Well I think this is def the new sled. The side shot inside the warehouse keeps getting removed for the "embargo" reason so that tells you something right there. Now the big questions are: 1 Where is it made? TRF by AC or in Japan by Yammi? 2 What engine? 3 What drivetrain? Personally, I would be all over one of these as I really like the AC Procross and was considering buying one but all the defects and problems stopped me. The chassis itself is really not a problem. The tunnel buckling was mostly a '12 issue caused by ice build up and that was address in '13. The real issues continue to be clutch/belt failure and reverse/chaincase failure. I'm thinking your going to see a revised DI 4 stroke in either 2 or 3 cylinders with Yammi clutches. The DI 4 stroke would be the industry first and would make lots of power without a turbo. The current Nytro engine will not fit in a ProCross as it sits right now. VEry least the cylinder head would have to be reversed with intakes on back and exhaust out front, not sure about width. That leaves the chaincase. I can only hope that its at least been updated again for the better or has a Yammi case with mechanical reverse. We'll see tomorrow.

Grimm said:
dilligaf said:
stopdropanroll said:
sheetwright said:

Who's to say that Yamaha hasn't built a new twin 4 stroker for this chassis? Or maybe even a 2 stroker? Unless there is a new drive system under the hood, I can't see them stuffing a Nytro engine in there.

There is a market for a nimble 100hp sled (I've been wanting one for years) and having it built in North America vs Japan should theoretically keep the costs down, which is what is needed in this sport.

You may be right, just going on Yamaha's past track record of minimum change would lead me to believe they took the chassis and kept the motor, anything is possible as I would have never saw this coming in the past....

RobWarrior said:
I couldn't be happier...I've been on here for years reading all the posts from everyone crying about their Yamahas not handling...too heavy...shocks not valved correct and even swapping out the skid for a Cat skid? Now everyone is crying that Yam is in bed with Cat? For me it's a perfect match...I almost pulled the trigger on a PC cat turbo but waited because of the issues my bud had last year, he has a new 2013 and its been flawless...add a Yamaha drive and it should be a homerun. Bottom line...ride more and cry less this is what we've been asking for!
Good points - but you're dreaming on the last one right?? :tg:

IF this is true, and thats a big IF, I would certainly consider a procross chassis with an Apex powertrain.

Never hurts to dream! Can't wait to see the retail numbers and any snow check offers...I owe myself a new sled...I've been buying used since 07?

Is this the chasis that will put them back on the race trace again?

I'm all for it... As long as they fix the CAT issues... belts and alignment issues and rear skid issues, then I am all for it... I think it looks great in Blue... I think everyone needs to keep an open mind....

I for one will be keeping my 1200 DOO until I see what Yamaha brings out for 2015. A nice N/A 175hp 4 stroke tripple would be perfect @500lbs... I dont need a Turbo for trail riding... You can't use that much power on the trail... Lakes for sure...

I think you can kiss the four cylinder good-bye. Look for Yamaha to use this chassis on all there models. I don't picture a 4 cylinder fitting in there!

awolb69 said:
. The current Nytro engine will not fit in a ProCross as it sits right now. VEry least the cylinder head would have to be reversed with intakes on back and exhaust out front, not sure about width.

I bet it fits with some revision. We will find out more tomorrow.

stopdropanroll said:
Let me install some input from someone who has owned both a Nytro and a ProCross. First off, the PC is the best handling machine I have EVER rode, my buddy has a EPS XTX Apex and it hands down is far superior, not that the Apex isn't nice, but not in the same league as the PC. There is no need for special skis and EPS with the PC, it turns super light, corners awesome, and is very comfortable. I really don't think you will see a boosted Yamaha this year, or an option to boost one (Yamacat). I think Arctic Cat will adapt their N/A motor to the Nytro based 3 cylinder. I know for a fact that AC has purchased enough 1100 Turbo motors to last through 2015, but all other motors are fair game.

As a past Yamaha owner, and present Cat owner, I think you guys will benefit from this tech swap co-engineered project, as will AC. Lets face it, Cat has some issues with their sourced parts, and QC, and Yamaha has some issues with chassis design and handling, This could be the perfect storm.

There has been more issues with the PC chassis then anyone expected, but ALOT of people are willing to deal with them for now BECAUSE this chassis is so good, if Yamaha can help Cat figure out the bugs, and they both work towards a common goal, there could be some of the best sleds ever produced coming out of this venture.
Well stated. As someone who nows owns an XF1100 turbo and has had several Yamahas that I've loved (3 SRXs, RX1ER and an Apex GT), you nailed it. The procross chassis is an awesome handler. Put Yamaha reliability into it, and you might be onto something.

If that is in fact the new Yamaha, you think they could of made new plastics for it. (Phone call from cat to the injection molder) "hey do you have any plastic that matches this Yamaha colour?...... Sweet we need a batch in that blue"

Back