• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Apex, 6 K miles, ??maintenence

Fredsleds

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2105 Apex Se
2018 SW 50th on order
I have a 2015 Apex SE. Now with 6K Quebec miles.

I was going to rebuild the clutches, inspect the chain case, inspect replace bogie wheels, have the shocks rebuilt, check the exhaust do-nuts, replace the drive axle and jack shaft bearings, flush replace the cooling system, change the fuel filter. Oil change, open chain case and check gears and adjust chain tension. Check and add brake fluid. Check brake disc.

Anything else anyone would recommend that I do??

Thanks

Don’t think there is a fuel filter to change as it’s in the tank..
Check and adjust the exup cables if needed, the cables tend to break.

i would just check the dounuts as mine on the 2011 where not bad until i hit 23000 km. all the other stuff is pretty much what i do every year on mine and i have also not rebuilt the clutch on it yet but i do clean it out and check it every year. speedo bearing made 11000 miles with just repacking annually and i only changed the jackshaft one as i did all the chain case ones on it when the speedo bearing failed last season.

Primary won't need anything at all. Primary life on these sleds is unmatched and untouchable compared to anything out there.(ever)
Check secondary bolt tips for wear and also inspect cam buttons for hairline cracks. Don't use aftermarket buttons.
Just add a little grease to the left side drive bearings.
Chaincase just needs new oil, check chain tension and check reverse lever free play.
If the miles have been on mostly smooth trails, exhaust gaskets should be fine for a while yet.
Only replace bogie bearings that sound or feel rough.
Be sure to have the latest relays on it.

I take the seals out of all the idler wheels and wash out and repack the bearings with super high temperature wheel bearing grease using my grease gun with a grease needle.
Do this the same time I do the jackshaft and driveshaft bearings at the end of the season to get all the water out of them! Following this regiment it has been years since I have had to replace a bearing or idler wheel.

All of the above is great advice. And most are annual items anyway. Even my additions are annual

Check your bushings in the A-arms for slop
Check the wear on your carbides to be even front to back, in case you have not shimmed your skis properly
Clean the air filter and airbox

Optional - wet sand a polish of the tunnel is totally cosmetic, but that exhaust soot on the tunnel extension is nice to get off. Even if that is the only area you do. This may not be noticed on the short tunnel of an SE

This was a good reminder thread. I may have missed some things 3500 miles ago. oops.

The factory rear idlers have non serviceable bearings however from the back side you can remove the seal and grease the bearing, and get many years of life out of them!
Trust me do this now (spring storage prep) as there is water in them bearings and if you wait until fall, the water has turned to a rusty mess in there.
Oh and don't forget to hit all the grease fittings, you will be amazed how much water get pushed out of the skid/a arms and spindles.

I spray the sled down with WD40 with all the panels removed and also siphon most of the fuel out prior to adding stabil/seafoam to the fuel tank.

Back