• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Viper Cam Timing

You're holding your camera at a bit of an angle, but it appears you have it right. When they don't line up exactly, you always want them to be to the retarded side.
That's the answer I was hoping for, if I was to adjust both cams by 1 tooth they'd still be out of alignment, but in the opposite direction

The

In the pic of the inspection window the horizontal marks on the cams are aligned, the first picture (showing the cams slightly off) was taken with the inspection window set exactly at the II mark. I'm trying to figure out if I should adjust 1 tooth before I put everything back together
If you can still see the "II" mark when the cams are aligned then you're OK. If it's one tooth off the "II" mark won't be visiable when the cams align. One tooth off significantly moves the mark far enough out of the window making it obvious its wrong.

When its off by a tooth the engine will still run without damage but it won't idle properly.

Back