• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 Yamaha Release

I ride trails with a 2.25" Power Claw. Sure the guys behind me complain about golf balls... but oh well. lol. That 1.75" will be just fine.

I am forced to ride trails with a 2.5" Camo Extreme. But out here trails are the necessary evil to get to the good stuff! 477" so far this season.

OK, I'll weigh in with an "opinion". Due to Yamaha's arrangement with AC and the contract between AC and Suzuki ending, Yamaha had it's hand "forced" to introduce the Sidewinder 1 year early (AC needed the motor). One would think that this model, with ALL that new tech, would have more than satisfied the "Blue Crew" if introduced for their 50th !?! Timing, timing, timing. The current cat chassis, I believe, should be due for a refresh soon. I continue to hold faith that Yamaha WILL bring something new soon (chassis). The re-organization of the snowmobile division to NA (to respond to the market quicker) is what I base my comments on. I'll wait and see. Bash if you wish! I'll just continue, for now, to ride my Apex with total confidence in a quality product. Cheers!

Before they cut district 15 we used to get up to Longlac every year. Been thinking of Hearst but that would make it 700 miles in the truck. May have to plan a couple years down the road.
Hi. Longlac is coming back. Didn't open this year, but the trail was back on the OFSC map. My understanding is that the OFSC plans to try and get it open again as part of the district consolidation and also the Groomer consolidation. Not sure what the plan is for gas between Hearst and Longlac, unless some of the camps from the old days are still open. Longlac.png

That will be great, if they get that trail going. Would also love to see them open the abandoned grade from Geraldton to Nipigon in a few years. Was thinking of going up to play this week yet but work and wife wouldn't be thrilled.

The LT-X hasn't been offered for probably 6 years, the XTX is, I think a much better design. If you want a 1.25 track I can set you up with 4 or 5 Dealers in my area that would be more than happy to sell you a brand new takeoff for about $200.00 CDN, ($150,00 US)they have 100 or more in stock. Your 1.75 would bring you 3 or 4 times that here.
Where could I get one of these 1.25 tracks. I'm in Ontario

Back